VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Went to CT one time for a feis. DD was a young teen in prelim. Dancer in the prelim comp just a year younger than hers was not happy with her podium placement so she threw her trophy and screamed at her mother and at her TC. Was amazed to see them both tolerating this nonsense. If my dd ever caused a scene at a feis it would have been her very last one. It seems not all parents have rules.

Author:
we were disgusted
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:38:48 05/09/17 Tue
In reply to: Disgraceful 's message, "Is anyone else tired of poor sportsmanship at awards?" on 10:50:11 05/08/17 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Have a similar story with a funny ending...(inside)

Author:
C2
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:56:31 05/10/17 Wed

When my girls were in grades, we were getting ready in the hallway and a young boy (10? 11? Old enough to know better.) was throwing a tantrum at his mom. My youngest looked at me (she was 8 or 9) and said, "If I ever acted like that you'd have dragged me to the car and taken me home."
As the boy continued to berate his mother, his teacher,and friends who were trying to console him, she said, "I want to drag him to the car and send him home!"

Just for the record, our TC is very, very much about sportsmanship. She has a talk she gives to the class, including the parents about behavior and what is expected from the dancers and families who attend our school. She usually gives this talk before the Oireachtas and gives it to those doing trad set all the way up to the championship classes.
That's not to say I haven't seen parents and dancers from our school behaving poorly, but overall it is the exception and not the rule.
The day my daughter screamed at me, her teacher, or anyone else would be the day her dress went on sale and I used all that money for a nice vacation, sans children...

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.