VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: My OC dancer was very happy with the prizes awarded!

Author:
Thank you for a great feis!
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:16:20 05/24/17 Wed
In reply to: disappointed 's message, "Murray feis open girls placement" on 08:47:46 05/24/17 Wed

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Thank you for your feedback. The Open boy’s/men's awards were handled differently as they weren’t awarded a perpetual cup or gift certificates. The Open Girl’s/Ladies were awarded a first place a perpetual cup with a stuffed moose and a sash, gift certificates and a sash for 2nd and 3rd, sashes and candy jars for all following placement's. As the feis progresses we try to change our awards based upon the feedback we received from the dancers.

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:30:07 05/24/17 Wed

Thank you for your comment on how the awards were handled at the Murray Academy Feis. All dancers work hard no matter the gender. The Open boy’s/men's competition awards were handled differently as they weren’t awarded a perpetual cup or gift certificates. The Open Girl’s/Ladies competition were awarded a first place a perpetual cup with a stuffed moose and a sash, gift certificates and a sash for 2nd and 3rd, sashes and candy jars for all following placement's. As the feis progresses we try to change our awards based upon the feedback we received from the dancers. We’ve received numerous comments about our Open Champions Awards and are always looking for different ideas for all of the placers. Thank you for your feedback.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: My dd was one who came in second, and honestly didn't need another trophy to collect dust in her room. At this point in open, it's about the placement, the judges scores and comments, and the friendships made among the dancers in her competition. Thank you Murray family for hosting.

Author:
happy camper
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:58:43 05/24/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Exactly. My dd just gave away many of her trophies that were collecting dust. OTOH, she adores the sashes, which display so easily on a wall.

Author:
To each his own
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:11:23 05/24/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: We want to donate trophies too. Where did you donate them? Looking for suggestions.

Author:
tired of dusting
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:47:03 05/24/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: My daughter has been returning them to every Feis she attends - they are easily reused.

Author:
X
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:34 05/24/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: I can understand the Littles wanting trophies. As an older dancer, unless it's an important first, I take a picture with the trophy

Author:
And give it back at the same feis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:09:23 05/25/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Same here--unless it is a perpetual trophy, we don't take it. Same with medals. We do love sashes, though :)

Author:
Let's start a movement!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:37:49 05/25/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: I wish we had done this! Dd always loved her trophies in the moment and wanted to take them home. Now she's retired and we have dozens of these things collecting dust. I'd like to give them back but some feiseanna have changed their trophies over the years so I don't know whether they could reuse them or not.

Author:
old mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:12:34 05/25/17 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.