VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Question for those who've transferred

Author:
Dance Mom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:15:48 05/29/17 Mon

Debating whether and how to tell old TC? Do they really care why we're leaving?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: You have to tell your TC. They are part of transfer process.

Author:
X
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:27:18 05/29/17 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: You are mistaken. Some take the coward's way out and just vanish, leaving it to the new TC to notify the old TC, who is left wondering why in many cases. Though in other cases they may be well aware of the reasons.

Author:
veteran mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:32:31 05/29/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Sorry I thought there was a clause requiring that all financial obligations to former teacher be met and all school property , if any, be returned. I guess you probably don't need to connect with the old TC personally for that to happen...old TC will hunt you down I'm sure. More...

Author:
Old mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:00:12 05/29/17 Mon

However it is extremely tacky and shows a complete lack of integrity to not notify TC of your decision....even if it's just in form of a letter or email. The best way to go about it is to thank them for past services, acknowledging their efforts for your dancer but simply stating the dancer needs a change or fresh start,etc. It's bad form to do anything less. Unless of course you and TC have had multiple heated screaming matches, in which case perhaps the TC truly is happy to see the back of you.

[> [> [> [> Subject: You are correct that any money owed to old TC must be paid, but that could be done without telling TC one is leaving. We have to pay weekly so we never owe. There have been times TC found out dancers were leaving because our dancers got texted during class by feis friends at the new school saying guess who is at our studio right now.

Author:
everyone knows everyone in ID
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:06:16 05/29/17 Mon

[> Subject: You don't have to tell your TC. But it's a small dance world so why burn bridges.

Author:
TM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:49:27 05/29/17 Mon

[> Subject: Not telling TC is discourteous and cowardly. It's a free world and you can go where you want but have the integrity to tell the TC you're going before they hear it from the new TC or someone else. As for how, either talk to them privately face to face if that is an optiion, or phone them, or write them a letter thanking them for all they have done for the dancer and saying you've decided to transfer. You don't have to explain why, and should try to keep things from becoming acrimonious.

Author:
because ID is a small world
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:29:54 05/29/17 Mon

[> Subject: And sometimes you can do it all right, and still be just met with backlash. Either way teach your child to be the bigger person.

Author:
Dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:23:29 05/29/17 Mon

[> Subject: My dd knew it would be difficult to tell old TC in person, so wrote a letter thanking TC for getting her to where she was, instilling the love of Irish dance in her, etc. Explained that she felt she needed a change at this point and wanted to give it a try before deciding to give it up all together. Was not well received at all, but she did what she felt was best for her.

Author:
Happy and never looked back
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:11:31 05/29/17 Mon

[> Subject: I think a letter is okay for some but if your teacher cared about you or went the extra yard to teach. Watch you at a Feis I would call or tell in person because the other parents and students will complain about your approach at leaving more than the teacher and people can be rude and add to the teachers fire .., Are we teaching we end relationships by a letter or email?

Author:
Dance mon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:52:27 05/29/17 Mon

Dd

[> [> Subject: You are assuming much here; TC frequently missed classes; never attended a major with DD and very rarely went to feis and when TC did attend, it was to judge, not watch dancers. In this case e-mail was what worked for us.

Author:
clarification
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:14:46 05/30/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Agree completely. This was the case when we left. TC never attended feis unless she was there to judge or if her family members danced. Over the years so many families left and the size of the school seems like it cant sustain itself. I wonder how much longer they can stay open. Never had regrets.

Author:
Mum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:46:58 05/30/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Agree! This can not be summed up with a blanket response. Handle the best you can is my advice. Most likely if someone is leaving they are unhappy for some reason.

Author:
Don't Judge.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:03:29 05/30/17 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.