VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Ribbonless medals today...never seen this before for prizewinner

Author:
Really
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:19:28 06/11/17 Sun

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Honestly, the things people complain about. When dd was in PW, medals hardly ever came on ribbons, and if they did it was just 1st place. If you want to hang them, it's a simple enough thing to thread some ribbon through the loop.

Author:
perspective
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:30:02 06/11/17 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Trivial to some but not to a young hardworking dancer

Author:
Mom of young ID
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:04:42 06/11/17 Sun

Although I ageee that there are more important things in life than ribbons, I can see the OA point....some kids are not only young but also might work really hard and only have the opportunity to attend a few feisanna. If they are not going to earn a trophy it would be nice if they could at least have a ribbon on medals to put around their neck. Trivial to some, but significant to a young dancer!

[> [> [> Subject: Then mom, put the ribbon on for her/him. In 15+ years of feising we've gotten medals without ribbons and my dd didn't blink at it, even as a little girl. BTW when she earned a medal overseas, that one didn't come with a ribbon either.

Author:
Guess which one she cherishes?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:59:31 06/14/17 Wed

[> Subject: I can understand where she is coming from. It's the only feis we've been to that hands out rinbonless medals. It is annoying when you're paying 9.00 a dance

Author:
Not a huge deal, but I agree
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:59:43 06/11/17 Sun

[> Subject: We went to a feis a couple of weeks ago where there weren't even stickers on the medals. You were just handed a plain hunk of metal. It was weird. My daughter is also in PW and the award is not what matters to her, but honestly I feel it was a huge waste of money for the feis committee. I would think that many of the medals, like my daughter's, went in the trash.

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:58:47 06/11/17 Sun

[> Subject: NH State Feis 2008 gave out ribbonless medals, hosted by OSC. Didn't list places on them, but they are a remembrance.

Author:
Way back
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:24:55 06/11/17 Sun

[> Subject: DD is in OC - in 11th year of dance. Has countless # of medals from all over while in grades without ribbons - I think this was common before, but I can see your point about feis cost now. To fix it for her, I bought like 20 clip-on neck ribbons, kept in dance bag, and when that happened, I clipped the medal to the ribbon, and my DS was happy. Doesn't totally solve, but hope suggestion helps.

Author:
OC Mama
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:41:59 06/11/17 Sun

[> Subject: Every feis is different

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:54:50 06/11/17 Sun

Every feis is a little bit different than the next one. That's what I love about Irish dance.

[> Subject: Ok OSC is notoriously "old school" on most things- for instance first ever feis for the with feisweb. They have handed out medals without ribbons since the beginning. Give them a break if that's the worst part of your day I would say it was a pretty good day, no?

Author:
There are more important things
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:05:44 06/11/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: First ever feis *with feis web* sorry for the typo

Author:
Above
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:06:54 06/11/17 Sun

[> Subject: We could not attend this time, but we appreciate that OSC hosts 2 feiseanna each year. Ribbons not a big deal to us as daughter does not parade her medals around.

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:18:52 06/12/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Not the op but, Wow...that's kind of nasty. I don't thin of it as "parading her medals around"

Author:
She is 6 years old (Surprised/confused)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:29:46 06/12/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: If the dancer is PW, even if age 6, a medal is a medal, even w/o ribbon

Author:
Dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:05:36 06/12/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Or the mother parading around with them on!

Author:
That's even more of a parade
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:56:04 06/12/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: I don't know what feisanna you people are at, but my did has been feising for 4 years

Author:
And Ive never seen mothers wearing medals!!😆😆😂😂😂
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:45:14 06/13/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Seriously- any dance mom wearing a medal is usually one with a sense of humor - which you lack, obviously.

Author:
Get a Life.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:44:31 06/14/17 Wed

[> Subject: Perhaps they ran out of ribbons? Pics from various schools show medals with ribbons and medals without.

Author:
These things happen. Thanks OSC!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:20:02 06/12/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: It looks like 1st place medals had ribbons, while 2nd and 3rd place medals were ribbonless. I guess it was something to make a 1st place award feel more special for the grades dancers.

Author:
What I could tell from pictures...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:53:07 06/12/17 Mon

[> Subject: I don't care if there is ribbon or. not. But if they are saving that much money then please reflect that in the cost of the feis, which is just as much as any other!!

Author:
Pass on the savings.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:58:05 06/12/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Here's an idea; just stay home if you don't like the way they do things. Rather than complain on the boards, we simply skip any feis we don't enjoy.

Author:
the low stress route
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:36:27 06/12/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: You miss the point - if it truly was a $$ saver. Feises are doing whatever they can NOT to raise prices. It's beyond being able to reduce fees - just don't want to raise more. In fact I think overseas - the medals don't come on ribbons, you purchase the ribbon if you want one.

Author:
Hang on sister and some day the trinket won't mean more than the placement,
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:00:39 06/12/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Nope didn't miss the point at all.

Author:
But you might have.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:24:24 06/13/17 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.