VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: New England O"S

Author:
Mom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:13:04 07/05/17 Wed

I know this may sound like a crazy question. I apoloagize in advance. I heard that the NEw England O's may be changing they way they are doing it this year in regards to ceiling and solos. I heard they are going to try to do it like the mid Atlantic area. Now I have no idea how they do it there.

Does anyone have any information on this? Or any insight? I know its early I am just trying to plan ahead as I am trying to arrange for family to come from overseas to visit and they will come to it. So trying to book flights now before they become too expensive.

Any insight or ideas is greatly appreciate.
Thank you so much for all your help

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Great question, would be nice to know in advance if the schedule is completely different

Author:
Have family from out of town as well
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:41:33 07/05/17 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: I just looked up an old schedule from that region

Author:
see inside
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:01:44 07/06/17 Thu

Friday: solos for U14 and older, plus drama
Saturday: ceilis, choreography, trad set
Sunday: solos for U13 and younger

[> Subject: What age and comps are you interested in

Author:
Just in case
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:33:06 07/06/17 Thu

[> Subject: Can you be more specific about what you heard will be different? Schedule? How many at a time? How they are judged?

Author:
Not sure what you mean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:40 07/06/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: See inside

Author:
Hth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:48:51 07/06/17 Thu

U 8, 9, 17 and above Friday
U 13 - 16 Saturday
U10 - 12 Sunday
Not sure if ceilis have remained the same over the years. If so I'd have to check book
The same with traditional sets^^^^

[> [> [> Subject: Oh, and always a set panel of 5 for solos. I think 1 judge for traditional set. I think 5 also for ceilis.

Author:
Not 100% sure though of ceilis.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:51:42 07/06/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Since my first Oireachtas in 2006, New England has always had rotating panels of three. I think you're thinking of the MAR system.

Author:
NE TC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:31:23 07/09/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yes, they were specifically answering the question of what the MAR system is like since the OP had heard that NE might be changing for this year's O

Author:
Answering OP"s question
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:15:15 07/09/17 Sun

[> Subject: O's in Hartford

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:44:12 07/11/17 Tue

In the past they have spilt solo's for some on fridays, and then some on saturdays. It had been boys, and some younger girls fridays, and then more solos of 12 above I think on saturday. Then ceili would be sundays. I wasn't sure if they were trying to change it, and if ceili would be on sunday again like traditionally it had been. We have always danced on friday, then did ceili on sunday. I have family coming over from oversees and want to see them dance, so trying to give them an idea of the schedule so as they can make plans for their trip. I know usually booking for hotels come out next month so just trying to figure out a little ahead of time, if I will need a hotel room for more than 2 nights, or if I can go back and forth.

Thank you for any information you have. Out of town now so when we get back I can ask the teachers as they may have a little more knowledge, but don't want to bombard them as Nationals just wrapped up.

Again thanks so much

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.