VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: New Dress does not fit at all - BNDM won't respond to help. Am I out thousands?

Author:
Frustrated
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 05:09:53 07/06/17 Thu

Just bought our first dress from a BNDM. The process was easy until we got the dress. We measured multiple times with pictures. We got the dress. It won't zip. Arm holes are so small that her arms barely fit into the sleeves, bust is so tight it might rip and the back of the skirt is so short and tight that it sticks out in the back. BNDM told us to take it to a seamstress to have it altered. We've been to several seamstresses and tailors who specialize in Irish dance dresses who all say that it can't be let out enough to wear. The arm holes and skirt are a huge problem and there isn't enough fabric to let it out.

I've tried over the past month to reach the BNDM who during the process was responsive, but now won't return an email. They are posting on FB, so I know someone is there. The tailors/seamstresses insisted that I should get them to take the dress back and make a new one or refund my money, but they won't respond to me at all. I'm afraid I'm out thousands of dollars with no way to resolve it. If I send it back without them agreeing to anything, I might be out the money and without a dress that I could sell. What do I do?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Would your TC be of any help to intervene? Are the vending at NANs- someone from your school there that could make contact on your behalf?

Author:
Good luck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:44:04 07/06/17 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I agree. Get your TC involved. They can pull a little more weight with the DM.

Author:
best of luck!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:05:56 07/06/17 Thu

[> Subject: Did you pay with a credit card? You might have some recourse with your credit card company.

Author:
Dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:04:58 07/06/17 Thu

[> Subject: Where s your TC in all this? I know they're all at NANS this week, but you said for the past month you've been getting nowhere. I'd involve your TC as soon as they get back from NANS. If your TC can't/won't help, then I think your best avenue is probably to sell the dress while it is brand new, never worn.

Author:
I'm so sorry for you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:52:39 07/06/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: Return via Fedex and get a copy of the signature accepting the return. Also file a complaint with your cc company send pics etc and show that dress was returned an accepted

Author:
we did and money was refunded
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:22:19 07/08/17 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: Label it warrenty return when you do return via Fedex

Author:
above poster
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:25:52 07/08/17 Sat

[> Subject: I don't think the TC would be much help. I've known people in a similar boat and ultimately their final recourse was to sell the dress at a loss. They even tried disputing the charges & did get a credit....initially. But when the maker claimed the error was my friend's and not his own, the charges were added back on to the account. This is why we try to use N. American sellers where THEY do the measuring.

Author:
See inside....
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:02:05 07/23/17 Sun

There is a new maker in Ohio, Golden Eire Dresses. The dresses are designed in Ireland, but measured and made in the US. They will be at some of the upcoming Oireachtasi to take orders and measure. I sound like I'm from Golden Eire, but I'm just an Ohio parent who plans to order my next dress from them. The ones I've seen so far are breathtaking. I realize Ohio isn't anywhere near N. England, but if anyone is planning to feis out this way, they could work in a fitting or final fitting and save a lot on shipping.

https://www.goldeneire.com/faq/

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.