VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Never heard of "requiring' dancers to do ceili. At schools around here you get "invited" to do ceili.

Author:
SR Parent
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:45:48 07/12/17 Wed
In reply to: Love dance, hate the mind games 's message, "Trying to figure out what is "normal", do most schools require dancers to do ceili to do solos at Oireachtas? If so, are the ceili classes the same price as solo classes? Do you just reduce solo classes so you can afford ceili? Just curious how others manage the mayhem." on 07:32:26 07/12/17 Wed

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: in my dds former school it was required. If you want to do solos, you must do any and all teams that you are asked to do (figure, ceili, mixed teams). Team fees in excess of $2k, not including costuming, wigs, shoes.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:41:59 07/12/17 Wed

Rule applies to all majors. Minimum number of classes set for solos. Team classes are 4-6 hours or more on a weekend depending on number of teams. Dancer injuries, condescending behavior by teachers, disrespect to dancers and families, backstabbing and frustration lead to many leaving. It wasn't about teaching irish dance. It was about TC making as much as they can.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Interesting: at our school it is a big deal to get selected to be on the ceili team. I did not know other schools had trouble with this

Author:
SR Parent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:58:40 07/13/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: I had wished it was a positive experience for my dd but after years of terrible team classes they became something many dreaded. We joked that we were summoned to be on a team. A few toxic team members and TCs who don't know how to lead with positivity was a terrible mix.

Author:
Long story
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:06:59 07/14/17 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.