VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Very interested to see what comes of recent Voy rumors of a South of Boston school splitting and another school adding a class South of Boston

Author:
Excited
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:14:53 07/13/17 Thu

I know comments were made that we have "too many" schools down here but I for one am excited. I remember the days when there weren't many options at all down here. Even still, there are certain sections of this region that it's a hike to any studio so depending on where a school expands this could be great. One of the most Irish areas of the world, plenty of Irish dancers to go around. While some seem to focus on more schools as competition, I look forward to even more opportunities for families to find the school that best fits what they want out of Irish dance.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I am in agreement with you, in that the more options you have, the better it is to find the school that works best for you. I'm in an area with little choice, so I envy that. The only downside...

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:37:04 07/13/17 Thu

is that, as an area becomes saturated with schools, low enrollment can become an issue for everyone, and not just those schools who don't offer as good a "product" as the others. With this being a primary income source for TCs, and with larger schools needing to cover the salary of several instructors, not having a high enough enrollment can force some to raise their tuition to make ends meet.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Plymouth area would be great.. So many Irish and no school?

Author:
dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:18:07 07/13/17 Thu

:)

[> [> Subject: Proto-Casano school in Plymouth

Author:
M
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:26:47 07/14/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Never knew they expanded to Plymouth, but would imagine they're closer to the Bourne side. Plymouth is a huge place and could use a studio. As could the Bridgewater area, and a few other corners I can think of

Author:
IMO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:11:47 07/14/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Proto-Casano

Author:
Jeanine Casano TCRG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:40:41 07/14/17 Fri

Hi, we are not in Plymouth at this time. We are in Bourne. We are very close to Plymouth.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Where are you located in Plymouth? I only see Bourne info on website.

Author:
Dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:03:58 07/15/17 Sat

Thank U

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Her post said they are NOT in Plymouth

Author:
NOP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:11:39 07/16/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Read Jeanine's post again. She very clearly states that she is NOT in Plymouth. She is in Bourne, which is next to Plymouth.

Author:
reading is fundamental
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:12:23 07/16/17 Sun

[> Subject: What school do tell...

Author:
dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:18:39 07/13/17 Thu

:)

[> Subject: This keeps being brought up with little information. Maybe probing for interest? But I suspect the result of this post will the same as the others over the past few weeks.

Author:
Spill it
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:25:26 07/13/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: I just was expressing my opinions about the rumors but unfortunately don't have any information to contribute, have noticed how little info there has been, looking forward to finding out more

Author:
OP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:55:44 07/13/17 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.