VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: I apologize for not already knowing the answer to this (I tried to research online before posting!)...in Grades, does a dancer "move up" if they place 2nd in a group of more than 20? Does that 2nd "count" as a 1st? N/T

Author:
Tallgirl1
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:14:00 07/17/17 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Never heard of that in New England. Know some other regions where they have to travel far for competitions, they have changed their syllabus to include similar provisions. I think the thought is that there are so many feiseanna in this region within a few hours drive, it is not necessary to move dancers up too quickly. (see inside for rules)

Author:
hope I helped
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:57:32 07/17/17 Mon

http://www.heaveyquinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/GBIDT-June-Syllabus-2017.pdf?x74836 is a link to a feis syllabus that states minimal requirements for moving up. Some TC's have additional requirements. For example, syllabus states that a dancer can move to novice if they have placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in a dance in adv beginner. Our TC requires firsts in all dances before moving to Novice. PW only need a first in light and a first in heavy to move to prelim. Again, our TC requires firsts in all dances prior to moving to prelim. Check with your TC to see what they require.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: No, that is not the case in NE. I think it might be in Mid-America or one of the regions where feiseanna are few and far between. Definitely not in NE. If it was, my dd would have been done with Novice after her first feises instead of after a couple of years.

Author:
a mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:28:59 07/17/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Not MidAmerica with that rule either; plenty of feiseanna, just longer drives to get there. Maybe Western US or Canada?

Author:
Former MidAmerica family
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:29:07 07/17/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Western Canada does. Not Eastern Canada.

Author:
hth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:13:29 07/18/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: And Western US. Definitely not in MidAmerica! DD once took place in a competition with 30 and had to stay in Novice. She eventually got it, but she was so frustrated that day.

Author:
OC Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:04:12 07/23/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: From MidAmerica (Meant to add)

Author:
OC Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:05:04 07/23/17 Sun

[> Subject: In the southern region they have a lot of "second chance" feises.LIke 2 feises in one day but I believe they still need to get the firsts. We are midatlantice and sometimes don't have group splits into the mid 20s and do not give any credit for seconds in large groups

Author:
never seen it
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:56:06 07/17/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: As it should be. When dd was in the grades she often had groups of 35+. Her very favorite feis in those days was one that gave only one 1st, one 2nd and a handful of 3rds in a group of 30+ dancers. Those placements meant more to her than the ones where half the competition was placed.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:47:31 07/18/17 Tue

[> Subject: In the Southern Region you move up with a second place in a group of 20+ in novice only. It doesn't matter how many register, there have to be more than 20 that dance, and since most of the feisanna split once 26 are registered in grades it doesn't happen often.

Author:
JM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:37:50 07/19/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: WR does depending on amount in comp more move up ie in novice

Author:
wr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:30:52 07/19/17 Wed

[> Subject: Grew up in WR. There was at most 6 feises a year (without flying to or driving 7+ hours). Rules are slightly different to reflect, i.e. you are required to move up right away not stay in a level for the year. Recently they added the second place rule for larger groups. Prelims are now required to win 3 firsts as well.

Author:
Wouldn't make sense in NE with so many feises
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:20:30 07/19/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: However, the WR now has many more feiseanna, equal to what NER has, if counted correctly, or close to it. Think that rule should go out there. MidAtlantic has had the 3 firsts for a long time now, and that really works.

Author:
observation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:51:54 07/30/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Yes however for many WR dancers they can still only go to less than 5 feises a year even when flying and driving for 7+ hours

Author:
WR dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:25:16 08/07/17 Mon

--

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.