VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Out of curiosity. Has the 6 month ban stopped you from transferring schools?

Author:
Dance Mom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:47:32 07/18/17 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: No...

Author:
Dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:45:48 07/18/17 Tue

Depending on the time of year, the 6 months flies by!! Regardless, the transfer was well worth the ban and my dd has not only achieved her goals but has her confidence back! I wouldn't let the 6 months limit your decision.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: No...more inside

Author:
Done this
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:47:21 07/18/17 Tue

Dd transferred in May and was able to do summer dance camp and a few months of classes. Ban was over just in time for Oir.

[> Subject: Six month ban was not a deterrent, but it took a while for DD to be ready to switch because she felt she was being disloyal to original TC who she had since she was 4; but knew she was doing the right thing for her to get to her goals. Ten minutes after transfer paperwork was signed she was so relieved and happy for new start

Author:
happy dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:06:06 07/19/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Could have written this very thing myself. Only thing holding us back was loyalty to old TCs but climate at old school was toxic. Ban went by before we knew it and she was back competing and doing better than ever.

Author:
Another transfer mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:58:02 07/20/17 Thu

[> Subject: Did the Ban

Author:
Transfermom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:43:29 07/19/17 Wed

My daughter loves Dance, her best friends were all at dance but after an incident occurred my daughter wanted out. She transferred immediately to smother school where she was welcomed with open arms. We have not looked back. In hindsight, I wish I had transferred a lot sooner. During the transfer I saw that the 6 month ban was a good thing do they can learn the new steps. If you're pondering a ban, chances are it's time.

[> [> Subject: Thank you. I think to kids it seems like a lifetime but we know it's a blink of an eye

Author:
OP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:25:13 07/19/17 Wed

[> Subject: Yes! Hard to time so as not to miss Oireachtas, NAIDC or Worlds.

Author:
TCs have a monopoly and they know it.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:03:29 07/19/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: It's also hard to time for dancers not OC. If dd wants to do O, wait until November, but if dancer is trying to move up don't wait. We missed all of the spring feis waiting for ban to end, and then it was summer again.

Author:
hth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:04:22 07/23/17 Sun

[> Subject: Absolutely not! Well worth it. 6 months go by so fast!!

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:52:54 07/19/17 Wed

[> Subject: Nope, and we honestly wish we would have done it sooner. My DD found the 6 months flew by and got her excited to compete again.

Author:
Hope that helps
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:54:00 07/20/17 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.