VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: If you could only afford one.. Riverdance camp or Camp Rince ceol...

Author:
Dance mom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:20:37 07/30/17 Sun

Hh

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Camp Rince Ceol without a doubt! More inside.

Author:
CRC fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:17:44 07/30/17 Sun

Let me start off by saying that I believe the Riverdance Summer School seems like a great opportunity, learning the choreography from such an influential show in Irish dance, and especially if a dancer aspires to be in a show. I don't want to take away from the fact that both are worthwhile opportunities. However, CRC is a more wholistic experience if you're picking between the two. CRC has multiple opportunities to also learn actual numbers from shows like Riverdance, Heartbeat, and LOTD and this occurs in smaller groups. Dancers work really hard and get tons of feedback from amazing instructors on their actual competition steps. They get to be part of an original showcase number, learn ceilis, grade exams are offered. There are tons of social opportunities as well. CRC was one of the best experiences of my life and I can't say enough about how the joy and growth your dancer will gain are worth every penny.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: It depends on the age, experience in dancing, and expectations. CRC is a camp, with Irish dancing. Usual camping experiences right along with dancing. RD is really only dancing, with a focus on specific numbers from the show, which might overwhelm younger dancers.

Author:
observation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:39:35 07/30/17 Sun

[> Subject: Not even a contest in my mind. More in message.

Author:
Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:02:36 07/30/17 Sun

CRC is way more comprehensive for all the reasons the above poster mentioned. Instructors from a variety of backgrounds, fitness, feedback on steps and technique, grade exams available.

RD camp seems fun but more of a scouting and recruitment venture for the show. I've also been a little skeptical because RD camp seems like a pay-to-play audition thing. RD have flat out stated that all new casting will be through these camps. While technically legal, they're essentially saying that the only way to work for them is to pay for the camp first.

Anyhow I've only done CRC but will definitely be returning.

[> Subject: Are both camps around the same price?

Author:
Curious Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:33:05 07/31/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: RD in Dublin is $1k, including lodging for 6 nights, meals, and some extras, incl RD tix

Author:
Hth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:54:20 07/31/17 Mon

[> Subject: Seems like CRC is mostly tweets and young kids based on their posts this summer and RD is more mature dancers just an observation I thought you had to be at least 12 for CRC some kids the photos don't look it .. I may be wrong

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:09:00 07/31/17 Mon

?

[> [> Subject: Website says ages 8-18 accepted

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:49:10 08/02/17 Wed

[> Subject: I think it depends on your goals. Dd attended Dublin summer school

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:33:35 08/05/17 Sat

She is 17, prelim, and does not plan to compete in college. Her goals for attending were to learn new choreography which might help w college team/club dancing, to be pushed physically and mentally, to travel to Ireland, and to see Trinity College for potential study abroad. She has no delusions about auditioning or being in a show someday. She just loves to dance. She had a wonderful experience--everything from navigating an overseas trip alone, meeting other dancers, and living in the dorm, to learning new steps, working hard, and dancing on the Riverdance stage. She considered the steps challenging and the volume of what they learned enormous. It was all she hoped it would be, given her personal goals. Several who were there that week were auditioning. Unsure if any were chosen.

[> Subject: My teen daughter attended CRC for the first time this summer - she absolutely loved it!! I can't say enough good things about the camp, staff and counselors. Not only did my daughter have a great time and made new friends -she also improved and worked hard. She will be attending again next year.

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:05:21 08/07/17 Mon

[> Subject: If you could only afford one.. Riverdance camp or Camp Rince ceol...

Author:
Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:37:11 08/13/17 Sun

I did both and would recommend CRC wayy over riverdance. CRC helps you with the steps that you are going to do in a feos where as you learn riverdance chorio at riverdance. At riverdance ss, there were no rules (dancers could go out into the streets of boston alone) and CRC is just a more fun and less stress packed environment.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.