VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Well, dd16 managed xc every day after school last year, plus 4 nights of dance

Author:
Dm
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 07:54:46 08/12/17 Sat
In reply to: Dd 's message, "How does you dancer balance dancing with a high school sport... how many classes a week do you attended what level is your dance ? We do not want to stiop dancing but too many classes is to much ?" on 19:38:47 08/10/17 Thu

but will cut a night of dance this year. She WQ'd for Worlds at NANS. She is taking 5 AP classes, so we will see how it goes. She's the 2nd varsity runner, so she feels a little guilty quitting (but will if her grades suffer).

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Open Champ daughter just graduated and I can attest that balancing HS sport and ID is not easy

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:53:23 08/12/17 Sat

My dd played Fockey and did swim. It was a constant challenge for her to balance the HS team sport and dance. she is very glad she did her HS sports and would not have changed any decision she made. HS sports allowed my dd the oppertunity to get involved in her school and gave her leadership opportunities that she otherwise wouldn't have been able to obtain. She continues to dance now and plans to continue in college. Being part of HS sports has not changed her love for dance although the many obstacles she faced really made her have to work harder and deal with disappoint and injuries, that she otherwise wouldn't have had. Make sure your dd does not over train, which was a big issue for my dd, especially her sophomore year- when she was working towards varsity level HS Sport. Good luck with your dd and her decision on whether or not to participate in HS Sports.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I agree with the problem of overtraining. Dd is usually back in physical therapy by

Author:
Dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:04:32 08/13/17 Sun

the 3rd week in September. She's been to a couple of different orthopedists, and basically running many miles every day, and dancing hours every night, put a lot of stress on the joints. She almost missed Worlds one year because she was so hobbled, and in so much pain.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.