VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Several feiseanna in upstate NY have disappeared as well. I think we're up to 3 gone now in recent years. Too expensive for the low numbers.

Author:
Only the biggies seem to survive
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:01:08 08/21/17 Mon
In reply to: Its too bad 's message, "Are we starting to see a turn in feiseanna? (more inside)" on 05:06:54 08/15/17 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Ran Torrington Feis for years

Author:
Former Torrington Feis Registrar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:50:13 10/08/17 Sun

When the Torrington Feis was run by McArdle School, I was the feis registrar (I'm Jack's wife). McArdle School is small and in a rural area, so we always used a school rather than hotel (heck, we don't even have one nearby) to keep costs down. Dancers' families were wonderful volunteers and worked very hard, but being a small school, we also had to heavily rely on family and friends. School rental costs ran up over the years, and liability concerns increased - those hard shoes on school floors, especially in the hallways. We loved our feis - the homeyness of it - remember the mini pumpkins? - but finally retired from the feis business. The Irish dancer population was slowing down, a direct result of the newness of the Riverdance years having passed by, so it was a good time to stop, I think. Jack and I have many fond memories - and a few nightmares! - of those years and the many families that passed through our doors year after year. My hat is off to all schools who continue to hold their own feis year after year.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.