VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: I booked at Hampton Inn on Pitkin St in East Hartford but someone from our dance school said it's a scary area. Can anyone comment who lives locally? Same distance as block hotels but over the river

Author:
??
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:05:06 08/28/17 Mon
In reply to: Blech 's message, "Oireachtas room booking is epic fail. Best of luck if your kid dances 17th!" on 10:43:21 08/28/17 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Pitkin street isn't awful, but it's not the best. It's next to some major businesses but at night, it can be a little more sketchy. Try Glasonbury, Manchester, Rocky Hill. More inside

Author:
Hartford Native
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:12:59 08/28/17 Mon

Glastonbury and Manchester you will come in on Rt 84 or Rt 2 depending on where you stay. There are lots of places to eat around there and things to do if you have a free day in between and are doing teams. Both are about 15 minutes away.
Rocky Hill also has nice hotels to stay on the Silas Dean highway and lots of food, etc. Again, about 10/15 minutes away. You will come to hartford via Rt 91. In Hartford, plan to either be on the lookout for the garage or make a few turns to get back to where you need to be. But it's not too bad - just bump down a block and make a square to get back where you need to go.
Any other questions, just leave them here and I will try to answer them - or anyone else who is around. I'm a hartford native, so I will try to do as best as I can.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Thank you, super helpful!

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:35:28 08/28/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: Farmington

Author:
Local mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:14:54 09/09/17 Sat

Farmington has many hotel options, one being right near the West Farms Mall and very close to the highway.
There is also a Marriot, Homewood Suites and a few others that I cant remember off the top of my head(althogh I drive by almost everyday!). Farmington, depending on time you are driving to Hartford, is a 10-20 minute ride.
There is also a hotel scheduled to open soon in West Hartford near LOTS of shopping and restaurants. It is called Delmar.
Good luck to your dancer and hope you enjoy your stay in Central CT...theres lots to do outside the city!!

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.