VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Complete chaos -Again!

Author:
Homeless in Hartford
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:04:58 08/28/17 Mon
In reply to: Blech 's message, "Oireachtas room booking is epic fail. Best of luck if your kid dances 17th!" on 10:43:21 08/28/17 Mon

Why can the the New England Oireachtas committee not get their act together? I logged into the Marriott within minutes of noontime and the rooms were already gone. I called the Marriott (I am a rewards member, too). Absolutely nothing. How is it possible that the entire hotel is sold out in under 5 minutes? The Marriott reservations line told me booking was supposed to be done via phone not online for Oireachtas rate. Where was that information? Once again-complete chaos. In my line of work I attend conferences all of the time. Thousands of people attending from all over the world and I have Never had a glitch. Only issues with the IDTANA - They need to hire conference professionals because they are completely clueless!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Sorry you had a tough time. Similar here except I bailed on Marriott within 20 minutes and got Hilton and friend got Homewood. But 16th was impossible at both of those. DD dances Sat so we're good and will drive in early Friday or bunk with more fortunate friends to be there to support school.

Author:
Is it me or are there way more dancers than rooms on Friday?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:18:28 08/28/17 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: This is just a guess, so don't jump all over me. Many of the older dancers in our school do the hair, make-up and warm-ups for the younger dancers. Way too many for TC to do by herself. That being said, they would book rooms Thursday, even though they don't dance until Saturday.

Author:
maybe?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:09:03 08/28/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: That's exactly our situation. DD is a mentor to the younger dancers in our school. She not only wants to support them but does hair for as many as possible. Hard to do hair for a dancer scheduled at 8 am when you are almost three hours away. But we will share with friends on Thursday which is fine.

Author:
Old mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:03:25 08/28/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: I bet because it's a longer drive from MA a lot would rather just stay Thursday night. My guess is they add more rooms to Thursday

Author:
Still frustrated
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:22:19 08/28/17 Mon

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.