VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Here is another perspective: The region does not require anyone to book in the block, leaving you free to book elsewhere. And knowing many will, they are not responsible for having to find rooms for everyone in attendance. You would crab if it was mandatory and you crab because you all did not get into host.

Author:
They will never make you happy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 05:33:31 08/29/17 Tue
In reply to: Blech 's message, "Oireachtas room booking is epic fail. Best of luck if your kid dances 17th!" on 10:43:21 08/28/17 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Glad it's not mandatory, but if the block sells out within minutes as it does every year then clearly there's a much bigger demand for rooms than what the region is setting up. As others have said, other groups/conferences/events manage this process less painfully. Hotels put an end-date on a block rate so that they can release unsold rooms back to the general public.

Author:
We need a bigger block
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:28:45 08/29/17 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: I'm from another region,& most ppl are staying 10-15 minute walk, or short shuttle ride or drive, away. also, overseas majors we end up taking a cab on practice day & dance day

Author:
Hotels stingy with blocks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:52:36 08/29/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: I do agree that there's a lot of useless angst about getting into host hotel. With 409 rooms going out first to teachers, judges, musicians, etc - obviously not many dancers will get rooms there ! This year there is a higher level of anxiety due to the new location. There's an entire generation of dance families who only know Providence with its many hotels in close proximity, familiar restaurants, and an entire mall adjacent. (More)

Author:
Old NE mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:56:17 08/29/17 Tue

Hartford is uncharted territory for most people. Old-timers - remember Stamford? Now that was a nightmare.... but we survived. Rooms at Hilton were added last night. I know because I was able to book the Thursday that I could not get at noon. I would imagine rooms were added at other hotels as well. Best of luck to everyone attending this year.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.