VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: To feis or not to feis.....more inside

Author:
confused
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:34:20 09/08/17 Fri

I am thinking about having my dancer try a new strategy this season and not feis at all before The O. Am I crazy? I know the judge feedback is good to have but I also know exactly what they will say, it is always the same. Competing in this region is very frustrating for many reasons and I am not sure it is psychologically helpful. Thoughts on this idea?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: It really depends on your dancer...(more inside)

Author:
Long time dance mum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:51:39 09/08/17 Fri

Each dancer is so different. If your dancer needs to get the nerves out and get a feel for competition, might be a good idea to hit a few regional competitions. It gives the dancer a chance to get use to different dancers on the stage, running different steps and how to avoid collisions! Some dancers in dd competition never feis....we don't see them until the oireachtas or majors. Don't get too caught up in results from local feisianna. My daughter likes to at least get one or two competitions in before the Oireachtas.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: would also like to add, I have seen some dancers who never compete regionally prior to a major get totally messed up on stage due to not being used to dancing with someone with different steps.

Author:
that can be a problem.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:59:12 09/08/17 Fri

[> Subject: We just did Quassy and plan to do just one more Horgan or Forbes...dancer was injured last year in late Sept/Early October and we did one Feis before O.. came is 1st at Feis and recalled at O...doing one this year too.. rather for us on practicing and class and no Feis drama... I would do at least 1..

Author:
::ss
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:10:05 09/08/17 Fri

[> Subject: Also scaling way back, but I think it's good to do a couple to get back in the rhythm of doing hair, makeup, etc.

Author:
good luck!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:20:29 09/08/17 Fri

[> Subject: As an older dancer, I have scaled back the local feisanna a lot. I don't have the time or money to be doing so many in or out of region. I do try to get a few local ones, maybe 2 this year before the O's, mostly to practice my full hair-makeup-warmup routine. I practice my hair and makeup at home frequently, so those few feisanna aren't my only chance. Definitely see what works best for your dancer and go from there.

Author:
Hope this can help
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:24 09/09/17 Sat

[> Subject: We are pulling way back this year for the reasons you mention. We are doing exactly 2 vs the normal 5-6.

Author:
Sometimes change is good
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:25:56 09/10/17 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.