VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Changing Schools

Author:
IDDAD
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:15:14 10/01/17 Sun

Where can I find specific rules regarding the ban incurred by changing Schools? Wondering if NANs and Worlds qualifications at the Os transfer when changing schools?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Page 7 of this document

Author:
Link inside
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:11:44 10/01/17 Sun

https://www.clrg.ie/images/downloads/CLRG-Rules-Update-September-12th-2016.pdf

Everything you need to know should be there. The ban affects only WHEN a dancer may enter a competition, not which competitions are qualified for. As far as I know if you qualify you qualify. But if a major takes place during the 6-month ban, the dancer has to sit it out. I've seen this happen if a dancer is really just that unhappy with the old school.

A common practice in NER is for dancers, if they're going to transfer, to wait until right after the O to do it, if they don't qualify for Worlds (which is the majority of dancers after all).....if they qualify for NANs but not Worlds the ban will be over before the next major. If they do qualify for Worlds, they can transfer after Worlds but have to miss NANs-- but will still be able to dance by the next Oireachtas. Obviously for dancers in grades none of this matters.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Dress needed for 13 YO due to growth spurt

Author:
Heather
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:17:44 10/04/17 Wed

We are in need of a dress for our 13 YO daughter in Prelim.
Anyone in New England region looking to sell a dress that might fit a 5'5" dancer/ bust=33"/natural waist=28.5"/hips=33.75"? We'll be at Verlin feis. We're willing to travel a reasonable distance to try on a dress.
(within 1-1/2 hours of Hartford.) Thanks!

[> Subject: Switching

Author:
IDer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:46:55 10/05/17 Thu

I couldn’t open link, but always thought you could only attend a major with the school you qualified with.

[> Subject: I feel like the rule is tricky. Wile you could use your Nationals WQ at Worlds you can't miss your regionals and that is when you have a problem with the 6 month ban. If you WQ'd at Worlds and attend O with new school possibly different story.

Author:
tricky rules
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:55:07 10/10/17 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.