VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Do you expect your tc to attend feis..to support you and keep up with latest choreography? Should they be there?

Author:
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:06:00 05/24/18 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Our TC makes it a point to tell dancers which feisanna they will be attending. They do attend many of the New England and some Mid Atlantic feisanna, and of course all majors.

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:43:58 05/24/18 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Ours attend a few a year but are also ADCRG's so many times are judging in other regions. They can see all the choreography they want.

Author:
But are always in class 6 days a week
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:15:51 05/24/18 Thu

[> Subject: Great question! Short answer - Yes! (more)

Author:
jigmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:12:27 05/25/18 Fri

At a minimum, they should attend the feis's local to them if traveling is an issue. They don't get a chance to see dancers from other schools dance until a major competition and are outraged when our dancers don't perform well. How can they fix/improve/make changes if they don't know what they're up against? And they should make an effort to see all their dancers at a feis.

[> [> Subject: It's unclear whether the OP means do we expect TCs to attend at least some local feiseanna, or do we expect them to attend all the local feiseanna. I agree that they should attend some, for the reasons you mentioned. I don't think they need to attend all or even most. I certainly don't think they need to attend to "support you". As dd's TC says, the work was done in the studio; it's all up to the dancer when feis time arrives.

Author:
longtime ID mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:19:50 05/25/18 Fri

[> Subject: Do they get paid to be at the feis? If you expect them to be there, you should probably pay them to be there

Author:
They are not slaves...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:26:58 05/25/18 Fri

[> [> Subject: I certainly do not expect my TC to work as a slave

Author:
more inside - not AP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:26:52 05/25/18 Fri

However, I do expect my TC to stay up with latest trends, dance style and technique. I am paying for the expertise. As with any job I expect the TC should be continuously learning and working on professional development. My DD does not need support at a local feis what she does need is a TC that can address her questions about latest trends or challenges with choreography.

[> [> [> Subject: Those things won't usually be learned on the local feis circuit, but at the oireachtas and at majors.

Author:
our TC goes to those
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:25:47 05/25/18 Fri

[> Subject: All? Certainly not expected. A few local ones? Sure, to see how dancers perform on stage. If a TC is able to offer more, that should be seen as a plus, a bonus. Certainly not right to expect it, especially unpaid.

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:43:18 05/25/18 Fri

[> [> Subject: I don't agree that a TC should be paid to attend Feis. However, they should not be expected to attend every Feis. I think it's in their best interests to attend when they can, it does give them a chance to see students onstage, as opposed to just in studio. It also builds a sense of pride for the students and families to see the TC there and interested in how they do in competition. And the coaching is done in studio not sidestage which looks ridiculous.

Author:
Old mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:24:09 05/26/18 Sat

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.