VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Looking for a good Feis atmosphere before NANs... considering North Haven. But require safe stages for champ dancer. Can anyone share experience with this Feis and include info on champ stage size, condition, etc

Author:
Thank you
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:45:02 06/05/18 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: It is an outdoor feis- stages depend on the day- some years good some not so great. Stages are pretty small.

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:36:18 06/05/18 Tue

We usually go- but as dancer gets older more worried about injuries

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Got it. Thank you for your honesty

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:27:59 06/05/18 Tue

[> Subject: Agree with AP - stages small & can be very hot & dusty, but has a nice old fashioned festival feel to it. Also OC is combined - not sure if your champ is PC or OC. Check Syllabus.

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:41:57 06/05/18 Tue

[> Subject: Heritage is great competition especially before NANS

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:38 06/05/18 Tue

[> [> Subject: Heritage is closed to OCs

Author:
:(
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:39:46 06/06/18 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Email anyway. They're still letting in all including open.

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:21:24 06/06/18 Wed

[> Subject: Last Year was our first experience with this feis

Author:
NE Mom - more inside
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:33:06 06/06/18 Wed

We found the stages small but the stages were raised and safe. The OC comp my dancer competed in was not combined but there were only 8 in the comp. If it is a hot day, you will want a tent there is very little shade. You also need to bring a chair. At the end of the day we were with friends that still needed to dance. A rain storm rolled in, although the stages were covered rain came through and puddled on the stages. The volunteers did their best to stay on top of the wet stages but it was challenging and then we were in a field of mud. We did love the festival atmosphere and the competitions moved quickly.

[> [> Subject: The problems with the two stages that got wet in the rain last year will also be corrected. (see inside)

Author:
Feis Co-chair
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:21:01 06/06/18 Wed

The tent covering the open stage was not the correct size. We are not responsible for ordering those tents, but we have ensured that the correct size tent will be ordered this year. The other stage that had puddles of water was due to a leak in that tent. This year the tents will be inspected for any rips/holes when they are set up.

[> [> [> Subject: Thank you for making improvements and adjustments - even with the rain we enjoyed our day.

Author:
NE Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:00:54 06/06/18 Wed

[> Subject: This is only my second year co-chairing the New Haven Feis, so I can only comment on last year. But we did make stage safety a huge priority last year (more inside)

Author:
Feis Co-Chair
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:35:36 06/06/18 Wed

All stages had brand new boards and were at least the NAFC regulation size. The open stage was actually a bit larger than regulation. All stages were painted with non-slip paint and were painstakingly checked to make sure there were no loose spots or edges sticking up. Aside from being a co-chair of this feis, I am also a T.C.R.G. with dancers headed to the nationals, so I absolutely understand your concern about safe stages. I spent hours working on the stage quality last year and will do so again. I hope that helps and hope to see you at the feis.

[> [> Subject: I am so happy to hear that the stage flooring has been upgraded! Have always loved this feis, but the poor stages in the past finally forced us to drop it from our schedule. Will reconsider it now, as it's always been a fun day!

Author:
NEDM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:25:07 06/06/18 Wed

[> [> Subject: Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. And many thanks to you for putting dancer safety first. This truly makes all the difference.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:15:32 06/06/18 Wed

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.