VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Americans always think judges owe them comments. They don't, they only owe you fair judging. Comments, if they do them, are icing on the cake. Nobody overseas ever expects judge comments. I like them and find them useful but I don't feel judges owe them to me.

Author:
longtime dance mom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 07:29:17 06/12/18 Tue
In reply to: Dm 's message, "Congrats to OSC for a fab feis yesterday!! On time comps, nice sashes and fantastic music! The only negative (which isn’t their fault) was the lazy judge who gave no comments. If you’re going to sit all day judging open and prelim dancers - so least give them some feedback. Heard of many comps from the start of the day to the end complain of the same thing. Again not the fault of OSC - otherwise an amazing feis!!" on 15:39:21 06/11/18 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Well we are in America and this is the common practice - so yes, it is expected.

Author:
How it is
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:21:56 06/12/18 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: I beg to differ - Overseas judges who come here to judge generally offer no comments unless the feis specifically asks them to. I agree with the AP - grateful to have overseas judges and love comments when we get them, but all they owe us is fair judging.

Author:
It's what they get paid for
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:07:09 06/13/18 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: And judges rarely tell you anything that your teacher has not repeatedely told you at class. I understand it seems more "serioius " to be told something by a judge but truthfully....listen to your teacher first.

Author:
Old mom of champ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:11:51 06/13/18 Wed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.