VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: leap year feis

Author:
confused mom from out of state
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:20:32 02/29/20 Sat

I flew in for the double feis weekend. The feis has very friendly volunteers and is ran smoothly. Love the stages. One question I have is about costume rules. I thought they were the same in all regions. I saw a dancer that competed today in black but was wearing white poodle socks with her costume. My understanding was this disqualified you from your competition. I dont think its fair on other dancers that abide by the rules and then not have a dancer penalized when the break the rules. I know its dance and not everyone plays by the rules but when its an obvious one it should be taken into account.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: The tights with blackout gear rule is only above a certain age AFAIK.

Author:
Also not sure of effective date
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:22:37 02/29/20 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Applies to u14 and up only, in all regions.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:39:06 02/29/20 Sat

[> [> Subject: Costume

Author:
Confused mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:55:30 02/29/20 Sat

It was Open U17

[> [> [> Subject: Not sure where you read that, all levels including/older than u14

Author:
Ask your TC for the official rule
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:43:18 03/01/20 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: You are correct, I saw that too, and wondered if her TC had not informed their school. Maybe she slipped through the cracks. Hopefully a comment was made on her marks or a stage manager mentioned it so that she'll be better prepared for her next feis. IMHO there should be a better way to communicate rule changes so that everyone is informed.

Author:
Giving the dancer the benefit of the doubt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:31:59 03/01/20 Sun

[> Subject: Rule took effect February 1, but is not being enforced. open 18+ dancer also in socks with skirt riding up over her bum

Author:
Inappropriate
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:11:14 02/29/20 Sat

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.