VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Would you prefer your dance classes be cancelled right now or that they go ahead with reasonable precautions (i.e. hand washing and distance between dancers)?

Author:
S
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:48:35 03/13/20 Fri

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I would prefer dance class continue with precautions- no school for 2 weeks, it would be nice to keep some routines in place

Author:
dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:20:40 03/13/20 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Exactly. I totally agree. Normalcy for the kids is so important. . We have small classes so very manageable.

Author:
Idmz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:05:50 03/13/20 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: I agree. At this point this will be the only social interaction my kid will have. She will crave it.

Author:
2cents
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:18:43 03/13/20 Fri

[> Subject: I would prefer them to be canceled until we are past the worst of it. Routine for children isn’t as important to me as the health of my family and community. Teachers will be taking financial burden to cancel classes, I’m sure it’s the very last thing any of them want to do..

Author:
Grateful for those who are protecting our communities.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:29:16 03/13/20 Fri

[> Subject: Continuing to hold classes defeats the purpose of social distancing. They should be socially responsible and cancel. It is hard and disappointing, and we may individally not see the benefit, but it will make a HUGE difference for the ICU doctors and nurses, and any patient , in your local hospital over the next several weeks. Panic is unnecessary, but we all need to be responsible and limit ours and our family's interactions.

Author:
medical mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:09:08 03/13/20 Fri

OK, off my soapbox now.

[> [> Subject: I agree with you 1000%. People need to pay attention to this situation and bear some responsibility for the health of their own families and others.

Author:
yikes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:51:52 03/13/20 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Anyone posting that their children need the normalcy of dance class need to educate themselves about the spread of this virus.

Author:
Please.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:18:02 03/13/20 Fri

[> Subject: Cancel! Do your part and stay home, even if classes are on. Be socially responsible.

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:53:22 03/14/20 Sat

[> Subject: Ours are canceled and all will follow suit.

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:04:02 03/14/20 Sat

We will eventually all be on a full lockdown anyway. This is going to be very bad unless people take it seriously.

[> [> Subject: I think so too. China and Italy paid a heavy price for not taking this seriously at the start. I wish our government had learned from their experience instead of initially calling it a hoax and sitting on their hands. So many will die because of that.

Author:
a mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:58:14 03/14/20 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: It really is terrifying.

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:40:31 03/14/20 Sat

People need to take this seriously. I am very worried about my elderly parents in Ireland. 😢

[> [> [> [> Subject: I hope they will be safe. Ireland seems to be taking this very seriously. I hope that will mean there won't be many more cases.

Author:
a mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:28:52 03/14/20 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: .

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:31:26 03/17/20 Tue

Our President said that the the Democrats where blaming him for the Virus and THAT was a Hoax, much like the fake Russian Hoax. Please stop watching the propaganda being spewed by the anti-American CNN and MSNBC.

[> Subject: I would "prefer" that our public health system, doctors and nurses not be so overwhelmed that they can't treat people who need their help.

Author:
silly question
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:41:33 03/17/20 Tue

Sure, we'ld all "prefer" that this virus wasn't happening at all... but what we "prefer" has nothing to do with it.

At this point in the game, we have a CLEAR PICTURE of what has happened in other countries. Why do people insist on thinking "it won't happen to them"?

I just don't get it.

Go home, stay there as much as humanly possible. Distance yourself physically from other people as much as possible.
Listen to the advise of experts. Do the right thing for the whole world... not what you "prefer" to do right now.

Please!

[> [> Subject: You are correct. I would also prefer that we didn't have an orange moron for a president, who wasted the first few weeks of this pandemic insisting that it was a "hoax by the Democrats" (direct quote). Thousands may die because of his idiotic insistence on trying to make believe this wasn't happening.

Author:
what a travesty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:58:34 03/18/20 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: .

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:44:09 03/22/20 Sun

Stop watching CNN and MSNBC and spreading False information! This is a time to unite, not divide!!

[> [> Subject: Stop watching CNN and MSNBC and spreading False information. This is a time to UNITE not divide!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:46:41 03/22/20 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Talk people who work in the hospitals, none of the above is false information. It always baffles me that people think that Fox News is telling them the truth and EVERY other news outlet is spreading false information. Has to be the greatest conspiracy theory ever

Author:
SMH
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:45:34 03/22/20 Sun

[> Subject: Our TCs have contacted dancers to see how they are holding up. In studio classes were canceled, but they have provided opportunities to join classes being held on line. They have e-mailed links to stamina exercizes, stretching exercises, as well as information to help out the emotional responses to worlds and classes being cancelled. Transferred 5 years ago and couldn't be more happy to have my dancer with these amazing coaches.

Author:
taking care of body and mind!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:03:48 03/22/20 Sun

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.