VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Refusal to refund $ paid for Worlds make-up. Unethical?!?!

Author:
ID Mom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:40:15 03/21/20 Sat

It’s is beyond shameful that Look by Danielle Guiden is not refunding dancer (parents) money for appointments that will not be used. I doubt the other very well known make-up artist with the same name would do the same AND she doesn’t require payment in advance. Saying you are out $$ for flights, hours worked to organization and so many other lame reasons is what’s wrong with people these days. These parents have spent so much more $$ than you, spent more time preparing than you and you will always be able to use your supplies or return possibly items purchased. This is what’s wrong with people these days!!!!! DO THE RIGHT THING AND BE THE CHANGE NOT THE PROBLEM

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: You lost money on your child’s expensive hobby, the vendors for the worlds (all, not just CLRG) have lost the month that they probably rely on most to sustain their business. We’re weeks away, guaranteed they all purchased loads of products and turned down other opportunities to work.

Author:
Have a little decency.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:06:21 03/21/20 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: That person is losing money too. The virus is not their fault either. It's hard to decide who gets screwed and has to pay. Have some kindness.

Author:
we're in this together
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:06:57 03/21/20 Sat

[> Subject: poor work ethic

Author:
idd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:07:35 03/22/20 Sun

She charged everyone the full amount upfront using PayPal f&f vs g&s. She is providing a service & Therefore that in itself is a violation of PayPal’s terms & conditions. Everyone that used PayPal f&f should file a complaint through PayPal. This is a way to avoid paying taxes. She encouraged people to pay for day 2 of service. Was she willing to offer a refund if a dancer didn’t recall? She did not offer to transfer the service to another event- I doubt anyone will ever use her again in the ID world anyway.
She offered a tutorial that one can find easily enough on YouTube.
She had to pre-pay for flights & accommodations, welcome to the club. The airlines are offering refunds, vouchers & change of flights with no penalty. Hopefully she did not book a room through the block (as those are supposed to be used for teachers & dance families) & if she did somehow, clrg is working on those refunds. If she booked using points or a 3rd party like Expedia etc they are also offering refunds or credits.
Goods she purchased can either be returned or used at another event - there starts the double & triple dipping...
these facts alone speak for this unofficial(?) vendors work ethic. Facebook reviews go a long way, I suggest leaving one on her page if you’ve been effected.

[> [> Subject: I'm curious, why did you all agree to pay her using PayPal F&F? I've used that to literally transfer money to a friend. There's no mistaking it for anything else. You have to agree to the disclosures about no refunds, that this is not for business transactions, etc. Not trying to blame the victims here but wondering whyi you all thought this was okay in the first place.

Author:
smh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:31:19 03/22/20 Sun

[> Subject: This is why I always book with a local makeup artist in our region. I’d rather a “less known” makeup artist in the dance world. Preferred the service my daughter received vs my mistake of booking a “big name” dance makeup artist. Could hold a conversation with my 12 year old, and the makeup was lovely.

Author:
“Shop local!” ;)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:13:11 03/22/20 Sun

[> Subject: Maybe it's time to go back to dancers/moms doing the dancer's makeup themselves. You know, like they did in the olden days 10 years ago.

Author:
old mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:49:41 03/22/20 Sun

[> Subject: Shocked but not surprised

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:37:51 03/22/20 Sun

Sad that you are all attacking the Moms who paid for a service and aren’t getting well earned $$ back. Yes this woman is in business and yes it’s super shady that she has asked for $ to be sent with friend and family option BUT blaming Moms??? That’s the price of business and keeping the large amount of $ she has when she is left with product that SHE CAN use isn’t he future is wrong.
As for the “expensive hobby comment” lol I feel sorry for anyone that would respond in that manner.

[> [> Subject: I don't see anybody attacking. I see a couple of people saying the comparatively small amount spent on makeup services pales in comparison to the global crisis we are currently facing. I see someone asking why people agree to use PayPal F&F, but I don't see any attacks. That sounds overly dramatic. People are allowed to express differing points of view. No reason to escalate this. I do hope OP and the others get their money back but makeup services would be the least of my concerns right now.

Author:
my perspective
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:36:09 03/22/20 Sun

[> Subject: Bad business

Author:
IDMom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:09:52 03/22/20 Sun

She pushed the f&f to save herself a fee. Yes, there are much bigger things going on in the world but remember her flight & accommodations were either refunded, rebooked or a voucher was issued. Her product can be returned or used At another event. That right there is why she should be refunding clients. She did not provide the service intended. 3 appointments an hour at whatever rate she’s charging, for however many hours per day by however many makeup artists she had working for her x 7 days. That’s a lot of $, €,£ for NOTHING. She’s laughing all the way to her mattress to stuff it.

[> Subject: The dancers in our school received full refunds from her; but they were adult about it. Did not pressure her, yell at her, demand things from her, nor did they post on EVERY message board. By your actions and posts you seem demanding and difficult to deal with. Maybe you didn't receive a refund because of the harrassment disparaging remarks you made.

Author:
Danielle is a class act!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:42:55 03/25/20 Wed

[> [> Subject: So it’s okay for her to refund some but not all? Do you get the ludicrousness of your statement? Moral of the story: don’t hire someone to do what you could do yourself. Unless you are blind or have no hands you can do makeup well enough. It’s the dancing they are watching.

Author:
Eyes rolling out of my head and across the floor
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:25:10 03/25/20 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: I keep seeing people posting on social media about how bored they and their kids are. Maybe these parents and dancers could spend some time using YouTube makeup tutorials and practice getting the look they want while we're all sheltering in place.

Author:
just a thought
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:57:57 03/25/20 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: Sad that you think that the OP was rude in any way. How do you know that? Is that what The make-up artist told you??You are “adults” It’s so sad that adults behave and post responses like that.

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:23:54 03/27/20 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I didn't post about OP at all. I suggested makeup tutorials on YouTube. Not real sure why you made this comment in reply to mine..

Author:
just a thought again
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:49:35 03/27/20 Fri

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.