VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Thoughts on Nationals? I’m thinking that will be next to be canceled

Author:
Missing Dance
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:17:50 04/01/20 Wed

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Yes I would say canceled 100%.

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:32:20 04/02/20 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: The question is, will it be in Nashville next year or Phoenix? All prizes will have already been purchased

Author:
by now.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:42:27 04/02/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: The sashes and belts would have 2020 anyways...

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:29:20 04/03/20 Fri

[> Subject: I wouldn't be surprised if both NANS and the O are canceled this year. The corona virus is supposed to recede a bit when the weather warms up and is then expected to come back with a vengeance when it turns cooler again. Not sure it makes sense to hold the O if the virus is resurging. What do the rest of you think based on what we know at this moment?

Author:
curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:24:51 04/05/20 Sun

[> [> Subject: Yes I agree with you.

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:32:15 04/05/20 Sun

Until there is a vaccine, there will have to be continued restrictions. Perhaps they can relax a little, but I’d imagine a large gathering like the Oireachtas will unfortunately not be allowed.

[> Subject: I don't agree. We will be back to normal (for the most part) by mid summer. Feis's in August, academic schools back in session by fall and O will happen. Yes - there will be more precautions and some ppl will wear masks, etc. I also think if the next wave does happen - we will be better prepared and have treatment for the small percentage who are in intensive care. Too many brilliant minds working on this 24/7 NOT to achieve success. And I know medical professionals who feel the same way.

Author:
positivity
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:17:35 04/06/20 Mon

[> [> Subject: I'm from a medical family though I myself am not in that field. Your view is a lot rosier than what I'm hearing from the doctors, physician assistants and nurse practitioners in my family. They all say we'll likely have a reprieve this summer since this virus does not thrive in heat, but that it will be pretty pervasive again by October.

Author:
not feeling optimistic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:52:26 04/06/20 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Never understood how it doesn't thrive in heat. Body temperature is 98.6 degrees, much warmer than outdoor temps mostly. Viruses don t spread in the summer as fast as there are fewer people in confined spaces. (Schools, public transport etc)

Author:
that also makes a difference
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:55:44 04/16/20 Thu

[> Subject: absolutely agree with last post- just heard the peak in FLA has moved up a week and now in April not May. Let's Pray that all these precautions are having desired effects!

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:25:25 04/06/20 Mon

[> Subject: I think feis committees and regional boards should start thinking creatively how to reduce crowd density if they want to restart competitions

Author:
sooner rather than later
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:42:55 04/07/20 Tue

[> [> Subject: YES! One idea is an open air Feis. ICC is a great location and they have a great outdoor venue to use in addition to the stage next to the pub. At Feis where high schools are the venue, what about doing them outside on the grounds? I think that could really work well this summer. :)

Author:
athome
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:15:13 04/08/20 Wed

[> Subject: Thinking positively...

Author:
C
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:09:02 04/23/20 Thu

I do take this virus seriously, but I also think we are doing what we can to slow it down, statistically more people have probably had it and didn't even know, and we will still have cases (will never get rid of it) but to cancel the Oireachtas, is a little far reaching at this point. Praying and hoping that we will have a big turn around this summer, some feisanna late summer through fall, and Oireachtas. And it's okay to want this - wanting this to happen AND taking the situation seriously can co-exist.

[> Subject: With condition of economy will many be able to continue anyway?

Author:
Worried
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:47:13 04/26/20 Sun

[> Subject: Competition in the age of covid19

Author:
Catherine (Rahilly-Tierney)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:34:14 04/28/20 Tue

I'm a physician, epidemiologist and dance mom. This dialogue begs the question: what kind, if any expert advice is NEIDT, NAFC, CLRG, etc getting as they consider decisions re: NANS, oireachtas, local feisanna? There's alot we don't know but there also alot we do know, which can inform decisions, along as political and other agendas don't interfere...

[> [> Subject: Have you talked to your dance teacher?

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:03:59 04/29/20 Wed

I'm sure they'd appreciate your advice.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.