VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: With all the feiseanna on FeisWeb from now through July canceled, we are looking at the Vermont Maple feis in August. Seeing so many Short School dancers registered made me wonder about something. I realize they could be from their one NY location, but it's very common for Short to send a bunch of kids to NE. Are Canadians allowed to come south for a dance competition? I hope they are, but seeing the school listed made me realize I don't know.

Author:
curious
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:32:02 05/23/20 Sat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I have seen lots of kids from Short at NE Feis = but don't know if they are Canada or NY...My understanding is that Canada's border is still closed to the US - but maybe this August!!! :)

Author:
Hoping!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:52:09 05/23/20 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I've talked to a lot of Short School parents at MA feises who had come down from Canada in large groups, particularly when NE has double feis weekends. I hope they'll be able to travel to VT.

Author:
me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:28:38 05/23/20 Sat

[> Subject: Will dancers & families from outside VT really quarantine at home for 14 days?

Author:
Wondering how this will play out.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:01:10 05/26/20 Tue

[> [> Subject: Have you read that the 14-day quarantine will still be in effect in August? I haven't seen anything about that yet.

Author:
have you?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:28:26 05/26/20 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: The Vermont Dept of Health states that the 14-day quarantine is in effect. There is no expiration date listed.

Author:
Unless they say otherwise.....
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:50:40 05/27/20 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: Is this the same namby-pamby quarantine "suggestion" that the other NE states have made, or does this one have any actual teeth to it? The MA one is useless, they're just requesting that people quarantine, no penalties for not doing so, unlike say in Ireland.

Author:
where they're doing it right
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:06:32 05/27/20 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: MA constitution unfortunately does not give the governor the right to order or enforce quarantine, which is why it's an advisory rather than an order.

Author:
More inside
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:28:32 05/28/20 Thu

In VT's phased reopening plan, the update on May 29th includes the following: "Commuter (day trip) traffic to and from Vermont by those who travel daily between Vermont and adjacent states is authorized for essential travel (e.g. essential work, healthcare, groceries) and currently authorized daily work, family visitation, or recreation. Travel to and from Vermont from outside the daily commuting area AND by those who do not travel to and from adjacent states daily is currently restricted and subject to mandatory quarantine upon arrival in Vermont...Leisure travel to Vermont – either for the day or overnight – remains prohibited unless the traveler self-quarantines for 14 days upon arrival." Not sure if a feis would fall under "currently authorized recreation" or "leisure travel", but either way it sounds like unless you can make it a day trip you'd have to quarantine, unless restrictions are relaxed more between now and August

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I was told the 14 day quarantine might be done by middle/end of July. I hope so.

Author:
sickofthis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:45:06 05/28/20 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Were you told this by a credible source? I have out of state family trying to decide whether to keep or cancel a cottage rental on the Cape, and they have to decide very soon.

Author:
wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:24:26 05/29/20 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I have friends from NY who had no prob renting on the Cape for a week in July. They aren't being told to quarantine as it's not a law - only a suggestion. Each landlord is handling it differently from what I was told. Hope that helps.

Author:
MAMOM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:51:59 05/30/20 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yes, people on the Cape have mixed feelings about that. Many are not happy about an influx of out of staters who may unknowingly bring the virus with them. Until now the Cape has largely been spared. Some of my friends who own cottages have decided not to allow renters this year. Others are going ahead and have hired professional cleaners to sanitize with coronavirus-killing products between renters. Cape residents actually tried a petition to keep NY and NJ people out but it was not successful

Author:
another MA mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:10:31 05/31/20 Sun

[> Subject: I think this feis cancelled due to Covid-19 concerns. I wonder if only the outdoor feisianna have a real chance until things shift a bit more?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:08:02 06/12/20 Fri

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.