VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Agreed. There is no correlation whatsoever between the Boston Marathon and local feising. The City of Boston, due to population density and the number of people drawn into the city, has to be a lot more cautious than smaller events in less dense areas do.

Author:
imho
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:02:51 05/28/20 Thu
In reply to: *** 's message, "I don't necessarily disagree with you that Fall feising does not look good. However, I wouldn't base that on the fact that the marathon was cancelled. When the mayor announced it was cancelled he mentioned specifically the fact that it draws hundreds of thousands of people. There is no feis in the world that draws that many people." on 15:31:36 05/28/20 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: I totally agree, but I wish schools would look at some outdoor spaces like the fields at ICC. It would prob be easier to do one there than MA high schools.

Author:
feisy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:43:34 05/28/20 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: Have you been to the feis at the ICC? I don't disagree with the idea, but in reality that feis is PACKED under the tents, people are squeezed in with barely enough room to walk around one another. Same inside for champs. They'd have to cap it at probably 50% their usual number, which would probably make it not cost-effective

Author:
ICC no easier to social distance
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:24:01 05/29/20 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I see what you are saying, but I am thinking of the huge field where concerts usually are - not the one next to the pub. I also don't think you'd have to cap - esp if you controlled the audience of each event - say one parent per dancer. Anyway - just trying to think outside the box, and hoping it sprurs some viable ideas. :)

Author:
Outdorfeispls!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:22:48 05/29/20 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: The ICC does have a lot of field space where multiple tents/stages could be built but I would imagine the cost would be very high. And yes you’d have to limit spectators quite a bit.

Author:
Challenges
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:00:10 05/29/20 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Many feiseanna were barely over the break-even point before the pandemic. With all the restrictions and safety measures being proposed I doubt anyone would be foolhardy enough to try to host one until the pandemic is behind us. Lots of work, very little return, lots of grief from ungrateful feis parents. And that's just how it was before the pandemic. I can't imagine what it would be like now.

Author:
mom of senior lady
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:33:31 05/29/20 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: You are 100 percent right. That is exactly what will happen!!

Author:
Old mom.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:50:58 05/31/20 Sun

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.