VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Which NE schools are going to the new Organization? I suspected at least two. Friends usually stick together.

Author:
NH mom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 05:25:44 06/27/20 Sat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Has a new organization been officially announced? If not, who could possibly say? I've seen the online hints, but nothing more. I know my OC and her friends would not be interested. They're all teen and 'tween champs who love competing on the regional, national and international stages. They wouldn't want to waste their remaining dance years competing for a new, much smaller organization. A 6 yr old can afford to wait out the inevitable growing pains. A 16 year old probably can't.

Author:
jmho
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:54:43 06/27/20 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: not a smaller organization, huge in Ireland and will be growing fast here

Author:
glad to part of it
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:13:47 06/27/20 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: So if you're here on the NE board, does that mean your NE school has migrated to the new An Com org? If so, what school/state is it? As far as I knew it was only MAR schools.

Author:
interested
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:20:26 06/27/20 Sat

[> [> [> [> Subject: ID Alliance is basically like a region of AnCom (which is the CLRG equivalent). Other areas of the US have schools that belong to AnC too.

Author:
Not brand new
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:05:47 07/16/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: They left for the safety of their dancers, not to chase medals. If you’re such an expert, you’ll know the incidences that CLRG is hiding.

Author:
Even in NE.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:23:43 06/28/20 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Please point out precisely where I stated that I was an expert. Those were your words, not mine. I stated that my dd and her friends would not be interested in moving to a smaller organization because they like large regional, national and international competitions. This new branch of An Com will not be in a position to offer that in the US for many years; they're just too new and too small. My teen dd likely doesn't have enough dance years ahead of her to wait for them to grow.

Author:
jmho
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:03:27 06/28/20 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: Interesting comments. There is no feising right now, those "large competitions" you speak of will no longer be due to restrictions. Not going to magically return to the past. Further, schools that leave for AnChomdhail will take their feis with them, right along with many feiseanna not going to be run due to costs and restrictions.

Author:
pipe dream at best
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:51:19 06/30/20 Tue

Using a teenager's perception of all of this is an unbelievable excuse by an adult. You actually allow your teen to run what your family does/doesn't do? That's how your post comes across.

The reality:
No-one can say what is going to happen in two or three months, and most definitely not in 6 months or a year. What is a sure thing is that there will be changes to how competitions will be run.

Numbers in Irish Dancing are going to change because families have re-examined their priorities. And frankly, lots have lost jobs or were scaled back, and have no money to continue. That's a for-sure thing.

Those majors?They are going to be scaled back to meet restrictions put in place. That's a sure thing, too.

Not forgetting what happens if your teen dd's friends move to the other organization? Will they still remain friends?

Thinking your teen dd might need to change up her perceptions and expectations. Maybe you should, too?

[> [> [> [> Subject: Incidences?

Author:
Frustrated NE mum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:16:27 07/25/20 Sat

What incidences are being hidden? I have plenty of “opinions” on things that seem “fishy” to me. But if there is evidence of things I’d love to know them.

[> Subject: See their website. USA Irish dance alliance. You'll see the schools listed.

Author:
5 I think
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:49:47 06/27/20 Sat

[> Subject: http://usairishdancealliance.com It is a branch of An Chomdail.

Author:
Interesting
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:50:47 06/27/20 Sat

[> Subject: It seems only MAR schools ...so far

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:00:14 06/27/20 Sat

[> [> Subject: Would schools consult their parents

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:10:59 06/27/20 Sat

before moving? we would really be blindsided by this change- any ideas who might be moving?

[> [> [> Subject: No, I think the teachers would just jump if they're not happy with CLRG. ID schools are not democracies, they're businesses.

Author:
getting my popcorn ready
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:22:08 06/27/20 Sat

[> Subject: Which schools do you suspect?

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:35:19 06/27/20 Sat

[> Subject: And the king knives come out. Why can you miscreants just live and let live. It’s none of you business. It’s a new option, if you are interested ask questions to members not a board full of pissed off soccer moms.

Author:
Teacher
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:22:40 06/27/20 Sat

[> Subject: There’s no NE schools listed on their website.

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:31:17 06/27/20 Sat

[> [> Subject: Interestingly, their "about us" section states, "With schools across New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Connecticut, USA IDA works hard to educate dancers within and across schools." But none of the schools listed have a CT location.

Author:
Hmmm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:13:50 06/27/20 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: Lynn has had a Stamford, CT location for many years.

Author:
S
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:46:38 06/27/20 Sat

[> [> [> [> Subject: This accurate, but it is a bit of a reach for them to claim they have locations "across Connecticut" when all they have is one MAR school with one satellite studio just outside NYC in a corner of CT.

Author:
vaguely amused
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:42:59 06/28/20 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Maybe some NE schools thinking of jumping ship... there were a few who were clearly supporters of the schools who moved on

Author:
Food for thought
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:57:58 06/28/20 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Seems you are splitting hairs just to criticize. Semantics. You would have complained if they said, "across five states" too. Doesn't imply "across" Connecticut. Just across the five states mentioned.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:55:15 06/30/20 Tue

[> Subject: HPK & DBA would be the only ones that come to mind.

Author:
NH mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:17:41 06/28/20 Sun

[> [> Subject: Maybe CL?

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:51:58 06/28/20 Sun

[> [> Subject: Would not expect HPK to move, either. Too connected with CLRG. However, there are NER schools on the move.

Author:
hth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:39:32 06/30/20 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: But with HPK’s issues in recent years, maybe it’s time to make a fresh start elsewhere.

Author:
Never know
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:08:45 07/16/20 Thu

[> Subject: DBA is not switching. They are staying CLRG

Author:
Bad Rumors
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:31:06 06/29/20 Mon

[> [> Subject: What about Griffth? They were having some odd results in recent years.

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:04:52 07/02/20 Thu

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.