VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: How does a U10 become a world qualifier if there’s no majors?

Author:
Confused
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:44:19 07/27/20 Mon

How does a U10 become a world qualifier if no major competition has happened for them to qualify for worlds 2021?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: 2019 Oireachtas results some regions have notified qualifiers apparently

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:37:57 07/27/20 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: So does this mean there is no NEO?

Author:
:(
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:28:36 07/30/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: They haven't pulled the plug on it but I can't imagine it taking place. Also I read somewhere that if even one O can't take place, the ones that do take place can't be qualifiers because some regions would be unfairly denied their chance. So if it's not a qualifier because the South and the West have chosen not to control their covid outbreaks, then it just becomes a big feis. Not sure if that's true or not.

Author:
not feeling optimistic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:12:23 07/31/20 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Regardless of what happens in USA NEe Zealand already cancelled their qualifier so can’t see how other countries can have them

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:22:49 07/31/20 Fri

[> Subject: New England Region schools U10s notified of WQ status yesterday.

Author:
NEO looking very unlikely
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:40:42 07/31/20 Fri

[> [> Subject: This sounds like a back up plan that was prematurely relayed.

Author:
x
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:18:37 08/01/20 Sat

I doubt they have made a definitive decision about a November event in August. If schools are allowed to open and remain open, numbers remain low, masks and social distancing continue to be utilized in the NE to good effect- why wouldn't they hold a modified Oireachtas with proper planning and adhering to standardized guidelines?

[> [> [> Subject: You are aware, I assume, that U10s around the world have been notified if they have been deemed WQs for 2021 based on 2019 results. According to what I have read, if any one region in the world is unable to hold their Oireachtas, none of the others will be considered qualifiers. The chances of every region in the world being able to hold their Oireachtas this year are about zero.

Author:
realistically speaking
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:47:40 08/01/20 Sat

[> [> [> [> Subject: Where did you read that if any one region in the world is unable to hold the O none of the others will be considered qualifiers?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:59:04 08/02/20 Sun

I doubt the accuracy of that statement unless you have read something directly from CLRG.

It is 2020, though- I suppose nothing should surprise us. I choose to have hope but certainly, planning for the worst case scenario is another valid way of coping with a very difficult situation.

I hope for all of us a safe Oireachtas in November. Whether or not it happens, it's a good goal to work towards for our children - even as we prep them that there is a possibility it may not happen. Because...Covid-19...they all know this. We all know this.

I accept that you may not think this way, but it's ok for those of us that choose to be hopeful to continue to try to think through all of this, particularly since we've heard nothing concrete from the governing body that says otherwise.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: It is true. TC's were told of this a few months ago. The O will just be a big feis.

Author:
No WQ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:50:55 08/02/20 Sun

hj

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I've read info from two different sources stating that if any one region is unable to hold their Oireachtas this year, all of the other Oireachtasi automatically become non-qualifiers. This makes sense as it would be unfair for some regions to have the chance to qualify while others do not. You've read way more into my post than was written and are attributing opinions to me that I did not express. Not sure why. I simply explained why I do not believe there will be Oireachtasi.

Author:
realistically speaking
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:32:29 08/02/20 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I find this fairness argument curious. Why is everyone all up in arms about how unfair it would be for some regions to qualify but not others, but somehow allowing kids who danced in a non-qualifying year to qualify is not unfair to this year's U10s? Why is one fairness issue prioritized one another?

Author:
No--I do not have a kid in that age.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:09:42 08/03/20 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: All of the qualifiers took place last year so all had ‘equal’ opportunity as did the older dancers to attend, this year many qualifiers can’t take place excluding entire countries even. Would you be ok if the USA had no primaries but Canada and Ireland did for example?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:48:57 08/03/20 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Let them qualify. I would hate for the opportunity for anyone to qualify to be taken away because our one region couldn’t. It would be unfortunate for us, but knowing the hard work that goes in, would not want others to miss out. Also, wouldn’t want to have Oireachtas happen and not be a qualifier. Imagine those kids who land in qualifying positions but don’t get to qualify. That would be crushing.

Author:
Dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:19:14 08/04/20 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yes! I completely agree.

Author:
feisy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:20:37 08/04/20 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: some countries miss the olympics all the time. For various reasons. they don't stop the olympics for it.

Author:
Let all Os that can run be qualifiers!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:46:54 08/05/20 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: IF it is just a big feis, shouldn't we find out from our teachers sooner rather than later -

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:52:40 08/05/20 Wed

Knowing that an O is Not a qualifier shifts a lot of things for a lot of families. If a child has outgrown a dress during the pandemic- would you buy a new one knowing that the O is just a big feis and that, by extrapolation, AI would just be a big feis too, if it was run? I think a lot of parents would be inclined to borrow a dress or have their kid dance in blacks if it is just a big feis. Practice time allocation would shift a lot as well. We also need time to prep our dancers for this - it would be a huge blow to have the O happen and have it not be a qualifier for those that just missed the mark in 2019. If this is the decision, fine... - but give us some lead time to manage the effects of this, along with all of the other pandemic disappointments.

I know they can't completely predict if the O will run (due to the pandemic) but surely they should let parents know as soon as a decision has been made as to the qualifying status of this event.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Why are people calling the Oireachtas a "big feis" this year?

Author:
Confused
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:58:01 08/09/20 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: It's possible that it will lose World Qualification status (if people from certain areas are not permitted to travel to attend due to Covid regulations)

Author:
James
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:26:56 08/10/20 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Which New Zealand has already done so if one region can’t have a qualifying none can. The comps may go ahead but not as a qualifier hence the term a Big Feis

Author:
Kl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:46:29 08/10/20 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Australia has also cancelled their qualifier.

Author:
I did read that.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:10:40 08/10/20 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Looks like the Mid America region's O is a qualifier. Why wouldn't the NERO follow the same path?

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:12:03 08/20/20 Thu

https://www.quickfeis.com/OireachtasFiles/MAO/2020/Attachments/2020%20mao%20syllabus%20-%20v%20aug%2001.pdf

syllabus was recently posted after Mid America realized the location was not cancelling the venue, so they were contractually obligated to hold the event. we may not have an O due to Covid-19 restrictions,but surely if we do, it will be a qualifier.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Actually, the event isn't going to be held in Schaumburg due to the Covid restrictions in the Chicago metro area. They are looking at a venue in another state.

Author:
May still get canceled )-:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:42:26 08/28/20 Fri

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.