VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: What makes you choose to attend a feis?

Author:
C2
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:09:08 02/10/22 Thu

So I'm curious about what makes you attend a feis? All but one of my daughters is done dancing and we choose which feis to attend by proximity mostly since we don't do a lot any more, but that's just me. Back in the "busy" years (trying to get out of Prize winner/Prelim) we picked by which judges would be there (not that it mattered) and the feis history. (Daughter did well there before. nice venue, etc.)
Do people pick based on the "extras" like treble reel comps or Prelim set comps?
If it's an outdoor feis, do you avoid it if you are out of grades (we didn't)?
I'm curious as to what people look for now as I'm not in the thick of things anymore.
Thanks for the input!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I typically pick based on proximity, but there are so many I'd like to travel to if money was no object. For example, the Hershey Park ones seem fun.

Author:
Senior Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:05:54 02/10/22 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: We're usually up for any good feis within a 3-hour drive. In pre-covid days we'd started skipping the outdoor ones as they were often either too rainy, too muddy or too hot. But now, after missing out on so many during the pandemic, we're pretty much up for anything,

Author:
us
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:30:16 02/10/22 Thu

[> Subject: After sampling some at the beginning of feising and just finding out which ones we liked overall. As she got older we got more adventurous and went places we’d enjoy and have fun going to. Most I’m driving distance - done with cheap flights.

Author:
Danced in all regions in North America
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:17:23 02/10/22 Thu

[> Subject: When she was younger, DD loved to feis anywhere and everywhere, did all the specials, etc. I think it was more of it was a fun way to spend the day at the feis with friends; now as an older WQ, she no longer does comps where all the judges are local. She is more selective because her reason to feis is to get a variety of comments and feedback from different perspectives

Author:
not always about the placements
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:25:59 02/11/22 Fri

[> Subject: Proximity, double feis weekends, fun family vacation destinations like Hershey or Kalahari.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:23:50 02/13/22 Sun

[> Subject: Proximity, double feis or second chance, ample parking, recall it being well-run in the past, coordinating with friends :)

Author:
dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:31:03 02/14/22 Mon

[> Subject: In addition to what others have said, i like double feis weekends backed up to a school holiday, I also consider the timing if we are free that weekend, I hate when 2 feiseanna are planned for the same day and they are both close to me. I want to go to both, but can’t!

Author:
!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:05:38 02/14/22 Mon

[> Subject: Look for good competition. Try to go out of region. Definitely avoid local judges

Author:
Hth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:12:10 02/27/22 Sun

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.