VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678 ]

New England Irish Dance Message Board

Dancers, MAIDs, DAIDs, TCs, ADCRGs & friends -- this is the place to discuss the NE Region Irish Dance scene.
All I ask is that you treat each other with respect. Inappropriate posts may be removed at the moderator's discretion.
If you have an issue, or need to report a problem with a post, please email me with your concern. I can be reached at NE_IrishDanceATyahoo.com.

Subject: Lunasa Feis - *new* feis in Western Massachusetts

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:50:22 07/06/19 Sat

Entries open on Feisweb for the Lunasa Feis - August 25th at the Irish Cultural Center of Western New England (West Springfield, MA). Enter without a late fee until July 30th!

The event will take place rain or shine on the field on the ICC grounds at 429 Morgan Road in West Springfield, MA. There will be a variety of food trucks and concession stands, along with beer and drinks for sale. Perpetual trophies for treble reel and parent/child specials. A shuttle service will be available from the group hotel and West Springfield High School with limited parking at the ICC.

Hope to see you all at the *only* feis in Western MA!

Website is being updated regularly, check back for more details!
https://lunasafeis.org/feis/about/

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Anyone know an approximate date that judges will be announced for NE Oireachtas? thanks!

Author:
newBeee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:41:47 08/03/19 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Is it true TD moving into this region?

Author:
Dm interested
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:08:37 08/03/19 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Hi There Luanda feis organizers! So excited for a new feis! Can you please post judges who will be attending?

Author:
Dmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:36:35 07/27/19 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Will Maine State Feis results be posted anywhere?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:43:37 07/27/19 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Any info on when hotels will open for Os? I know we have at times in the past booked in early to mid-August. Just wondering if anyone knew.

Author:
Here we go again!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:35:07 07/26/19 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Hi Folks, entries are still open for our awesome Catskill Mountain Feis on 8/3/19. Please enter via Feisweb.com. All info can be found on our FB page or by directly emailing me at Catskillfeis (at) aol.com

Author:
Jeanne Farrell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:46:14 07/26/19 Fri

Feis venue is the beautiful Blackthorne Resort in East Durham, NY

Subject: Might be jumping the gun but....... any Info on O yet?

Author:
Planning ahead
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:58:41 07/12/19 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Don’t waste your money on 2nd chance at Dongan Feis, daughter had 1 judge same for both rounds. Other prelim comps had 2 judges the same. Rip off

Author:
Disappointed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:23:15 07/20/19 Sat

Replies:
Subject: GRADES 11 & 12 CLRG EXAMS

Author:
Summer Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:58:17 06/17/19 Mon

GRADES 11 & 12 CLRG EXAMS: I am looking for the opportunity to take these exams. Any ideas about which feisanna are hosting 11 & 12 Grade Exams this year?

Replies:
Subject: Oakville Feis (Take a trip to the ECR)

Author:
OFA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:27:31 07/15/19 Mon

http://www.oakvillefeis.com

We are now OPEN FOR REGISRATION! You will find all the info you need on our website :) We will be offering Grade Exams 1-10 on Friday September 27, 2019. Our Feis will run on Saturday September 28, 2019 at the Toronto Rock Athletic Centre. We are pleased to offer SECOND CHANCE COMPETITIONS in the Prizewinner and Prelim levels this year. Don't forget to join us outside the feis for our Oakville Irish Cultural Day where we will once again be having Food Trucks, Drinks, Live Music, Live Entertainment, Sport Demos, Games and more! Hope to see you there!

Subject: Are judges for Maine listed!

Author:
Can’t find them
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:51:19 07/11/19 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Read on another board that Senior Ladies Nationals comp is very lopsided. What do they mean?

Author:
lm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:29:09 07/01/19 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Come to the Rhythm of Ireland Feis for a fun weekend in VA!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:38:38 07/07/19 Sun

As you begin to prepare for O’s this year consider attending our 20th Anniversary feis! 2 days with 2 chances to win! Registration is open on efeis!

We hope you will join us at the Ft. Magruder Hotel and Conference Center in Williamsburg, VA on Sept. 7-8.

As you prepare for our feis here is some important information:

Saturday Sept. 7 will be a full costume feis with grades, champs, treble reels, sets, and figures as well as a costume treble reel party that evening.
Sunday will be a second chance blackout feis with grades and champs. Please see our syllabus for blackout costume rules.

The link to our syllabus and hotel room block can be found on our Facebook Page: Rhythm of Ireland Feis 2019

The feis is located near 3 airports: RIC, PHF, and ORF!

Subject: Social media for NANS is awful!! Just saying.

Author:
Annoyed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:13:45 07/05/19 Fri

I’ve been to small feises that have better social media.

Replies:
Subject: Marriott Pinnacle

Author:
Colleen Kanaley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:47:44 06/30/19 Sun

Two nights at the Marriott Pinnacle Vancouver available check in July 2 check out July 4th. Cost per night per room $199, Total $398. Take one or two of the rooms. Call or text 774-454-4600. Or email KanaleySchool@gmail.com.

Subject: First time traveling to a competition. Will airlines allow you to bring a Helen Doyle dress bag on board?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:17:03 06/28/19 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know who is doing make-up in Vancouver?

Author:
Down to the wire
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:41:48 06/28/19 Fri

Subject: Trup

Author:
Margaret
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:01:08 06/25/19 Tue

Need help! Coming from Pa. in November for 45th anniversary trip . Looking for a coastal town, scenic, with nice restaurants . 4 day weekend . Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Replies:
Subject: Constitution State floors?

Author:
Thanks so much!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:22:50 06/23/19 Sun

I'm considering going to Constitution State feis this year and was curious about the state of the floors. I know it's a bit of an old fashioned feis, which isn't an issue, but knowing it's outdoors I'd like just a little more information--are they slippery or small, etc?

Replies:
Subject: Will new haven be posting anywhere today, thx

Author:
Sickkid
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:35:52 06/23/19 Sun

Replies:
Subject: New Haven Feis Schedule inside first reply

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:26:14 06/20/19 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Reminder- today is the last day to mail your payment for the New Haven Feis without the late fee! Hope to see you there for some great dancing and family fun!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:49:12 06/10/19 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Saturday, June 1 is the deadline for the New England Oireachtas Logo Contest. Please submit artwork to KanaleySchool@gmail.com. A prize box and bragging rights offered to our winner. Thank you everyone who’s submitted so far. Details inside

Author:
Colleen Dow TCRG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:36:52 05/30/19 Thu

Logos should say “New England Regional Oireachtas, Hartford CT”. Designs can be any color. Fall elements are nice to include but not required. Logos must be Irish Dance/Celtic themed. Logos should be circle shaped. Entries should be easily transferrable as a JPG PDF. Email to KanaleySchool@gmail.com titled “NERO 2019 LOGO ENTRY”

Thank you everyone who has entered so far. I look forward to sharing everyone’s artwork this weekend.

Replies:
  • Result? -- NER dancer, 11:45:19 06/20/19 Thu
Subject: McLoughlin School Perpetual Trophy Return

Author:
Kathleen Smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:10:30 06/20/19 Thu

If you or your dancer won a perpetual trophy at the McLoughlin Feis last October in Suffern, NY, congratulations! I will be contacting you via email or by phone or through your dance school if I cannot reach you by email. Please review your feis schedule through the summer so that we can arrange the return of your engraved trophy. We need the trophies back engraved with your dancer’s name by mid-September. Please help us prepare our lovely perpetual trophies for the 2019 winners. Thank you! I can be reached via email at mclperpetualtrophies@gmail.com or you can call or text me at 973-650-3016.

Subject: parents talking to judges before competition

Author:
dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:57:57 06/11/19 Tue

I noticed during multiple competitions sunday that parents were talking to the judges. The parents also belonged to O'Shea Chaplin. Anyone else see anything wrong with this. I don't think its fair that a parent from that school is talking with judges as their child is about to go on stages. Maybe I'm just been picky buy wanted to see what other people thought about this.

Replies:
Subject: Anybody knows when the New Haven Feis schedule will be our?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:59:22 06/18/19 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know if the Father's Day Feis results in Randolph are being posted anywhere? Thank you!

Author:
j/c
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:45:44 06/16/19 Sun

Replies:
Subject: When Feisweb results don't show a 1st place in a grades dance, is that real or a mistake?

Author:
curious dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:38:10 06/10/19 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Today is the last day to mail your payment for the New Haven Feis with the late fee! Hope to see you there!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:08:14 06/14/19 Fri

Subject: Am I missing some info somewhere? I was going to register my OC daughter for the Maine State feis & there are no solo options

Author:
Only bread ,TR & group TR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:56:37 06/11/19 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Results for Hartford and Greene O'Leary anywhere?

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:07:52 06/03/19 Mon

Replies:
Subject: O’Shea posted every comp result but OC U16- can anyone post that comp results please? thx!

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:18:03 06/09/19 Sun

Replies:
Subject: CT dance schools. Moving with an intermediate and a champ level dancer. What CT school is best for this?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:52:35 06/04/19 Tue

looking for school

Replies:
Subject: A big shout out to Linda Rutherford! Her music today had perfect rhythm, upbeat and cheerful and easy for the dancers to follow. She is truly gifted. We always are so happy to be at a feis where she is playing!

Author:
IDMom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:23:49 06/09/19 Sun

Replies:
Subject: For the Saugus Feis on Sunday does anyone now where stages 1 and 3 are? Gym, Cafeteria? The stages are numbered on the schedule but the locations isn't clear. I have 2 dancing back to back and need to know if I will have to run to another room

Author:
Thanks!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:25:18 06/06/19 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Hotel room for nans

Author:
Teresa McCarron
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:34:04 06/03/19 Mon

Hotel room available at the four seasons 28 and 29th June 2 double beds
Hotel room available June 30th to theJuly 4th king size room
Paid a deposit for both hotels for 2 nights already
Dancer unable to attend due to injury

Subject: New Haven Feis

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:00:15 06/03/19 Mon

Hoping to see you all on Sunday, June 23 at the New Haven Feis. Don't forget to sign up on FeisWeb and postmark your payment on or before June 10 to avoid the late fee!

Our adjudicators are
Sheila Bremer A.D.C.R.G., MA
Michael Meehan A.D.C.R.G., IRL
Anna O'Sullivan A.D.C.R.G., NY
Theresa O'Sullivan-Randall A.D.C.R.G., NY
Sheila Cloherty Reilly A.D.C.R.G., MA

Please see http://ctirishfestival.com for more information and join us for a day of music, great food, and of course, dancing!

Replies:
Subject: ICC feis

Author:
Unlikely
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:03:50 05/26/19 Sun

I know its unlikely, but wondering if anyone has intel on how the grades schedule for icc feis will run. Ie, start beginners in am and work up, or the other way around. Obvs no guarantee, but any early thoughts?

To to navigate a busy weekend. Thanks.

Replies:
Subject: O’Shea Feis

Author:
Feismum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:32:38 06/01/19 Sat

Does anyone know if the O’Shea Feis might open back up? Completely my fault but somehow missed the deadline. I’ve been checking Feis web but haven’t seen anything open. Thank you

Replies:
Subject: Hartford Feis

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:04:56 06/02/19 Sun

Does anyone know if the dancer also pays the gate fee at the Hartford Feis? Just want to be prepared.

Replies:
Subject: Feis Vendor Clearance! Everything to be sold in bulk at deep discounts.

Author:
Sonia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:32:49 05/30/19 Thu

Hi everyone, so I was a feis vendor for about 10 years but gave it up a couple of years ago. I still have a lot of merchandise that I'd like to clear out. I'd like to sell in bulk at deeply discounted prices to other vendors or anyone who can use it. I am putting together a spread sheet of all the items, sizes, colors, and prices. Everything is ID related. I've got items like crowns, earrings, costume jewelry, kickpants, tee shirts, medal banners, ID dresses for American Girl dolls, and matching outfits for girls and their dolls. For some things I might have only a dozen or so items, but for others I might have two hundred. If you are interested in purchasing large lots, please let me know and I will email you a spread sheet or I can let you know about any particular items.

Replies:
Subject: Late fees for Father’s Day feis go into effect this weekend ....

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:28:02 05/30/19 Thu

...yet I cannot find the list of adjudicators. Can the Feis Committee please release the judges names? Thanks.

Replies:
Subject: We’re headed east to a couple NE feisianna this weekend (Greene O’Leary and Hartford). Any tips, tricks or must-knows? Thanks!!

Author:
MAR mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:45:36 05/30/19 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Schedule for Hartford Feis is available

Author:
http://www.hartfordctfeis.com/docs/2019%20HARTFORD%20FEIS%20SYLLABUS.pdf
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:05:36 05/29/19 Wed

www.hartfordctfeis.com

Subject: 2nd chance comps

Author:
Dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:06:26 05/25/19 Sat

What is up with all these 2nd chance Comps. Its getting out of control. Causes feises to get behind and its just crazy. Does anyone else feel this way? Groups are going to get over crowded

Replies:
Subject: Has rule for May1st deadline for Open dancers to go to NANS changed. A friend is getting different info from teacher?

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:22:10 05/11/19 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Today is the last day to sign up for the IRISH CULTURAL CENTRE CHAMPIONSHIPS without a late fee

Author:
Feis Sec
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:17:01 05/24/19 Fri

The feis is held in Canton, MA on the beautiful grounds of the ICC
Dancing comps including 2nd chance for prelim dancers, music comps taking place in the cottage. All champ dancers that place will get a sash! Food provided by the ICC’s woman’s club and there’s a pub :-)
We have a fantastic panel of adjudicators and musicians coming so don’t miss out sign up today

Replies:
Subject: Can anyone recomend a NE feis that recognizes first feis for the littles?

Author:
dancemom13
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:20:26 05/25/19 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Judges for NANS??

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:10:29 05/23/19 Thu

Can not find list of judges for NANS?

Replies:
Subject: NE Oireachtas Date? Does anyone now if it's the week of the 15-17 or the 22-24 of November? I thought the later -but saw it listed as the 15th on another site. Thank you.

Author:
confused
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:11:54 05/22/19 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Feis at the Beach--you were a good one. Thanks for the memories.

Author:
Sad :(
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:33:56 05/22/19 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Premium quality Helen Doyle Irish Dance Dress Bag for sale. In excellent condition.

Author:
Ann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:29:05 05/20/19 Mon

Premium quality Helen Doyle Irish Dance Dress Bag for sale. In excellent condition. A couple very minor scuffs on the exterior. 18-inch size bag is perfect for up to three dance dresses, whether for a young child or adult dancer. Perfect for feising! I was also able to use the bag, without any problems, as a carry-on when traveling domestically and internationally. Black with blue trim. Original price including international shipping (it is from New Zealand)) was $145 (fortunately, I did not incur a customs fee). I am offering bag for $75. Located in CT. Please leave a reply if you are interested and I can forward photos. Thx!

Replies:
Subject: Hartford Feis entry deadline 5/13/19. Feis is Sunday 6/2/19. Register at efeis.com. More info: www hartfordctfeis.com

Author:
Hartford Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:12:39 05/07/19 Tue

Replies:
Subject: We are pleased to announce the judges for the June 9th Feis: Sheila cloherty, Nancy Reny, Noelle Curran, Kerry Oster, Kieran Rogers, Karyn Oster, Siobhan Moore, and Christina Ryan

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:05:04 05/20/19 Mon

Subject: Judges for OSC?

Author:
Can't find the syllabus or any mention on website.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:57:27 05/20/19 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Entries for the June 9 Irish Heritage Feis will stay open til May 29. Don't forget about our second chance prelim comps! All entries not paid by May 29th will be deleted. Thanks

Author:
feis committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:28:53 05/20/19 Mon

Subject: Judges for Father’s Day feis?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:16:41 05/16/19 Thu

Trying to decide between Flynn and Father’s Day feis, but can’t find the judges for Father’s Day. Anyone know?

Replies:
Subject: Will there be a dress room at Murray Feis and/or permission to hang in halls?

Author:
Thank You
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:13:18 05/16/19 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Dress for Sale, just reduced!

Author:
Very motivatied to sell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:20:16 05/16/19 Thu

Elegant black Gavin for sale for older dancer! 1,700, very open to negotiation!

http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/elegant-gavin/

Subject: The Murray Academy Spring Feis schedule is now up on FB, Twitter and on the feis webpage! See you all on Sunday!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:14:56 05/15/19 Wed

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 123[4]5678 ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.