VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Shireland

Author:
Bob Sawyer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:38:09 04/29/04 Thu

I drive past the Shireland site on 90 everyday and recently, I have noticed some activity going on there, serveral trucks near some storage buildings visable from the highway and also some trolly cars like the kind used to pring people to the gates from a parking lot. Also I get off the expressway at Rt 20 and take 20 west from there and all along the way there are lots of farms and such all with a large metal gate with the same silouette of the Shire horse on them and one of the farms has more of the trolly cars visible from the road. There are more of these gates on Marengo road east of Rt 20, I can only assume that they are, or were at one time, all owned by Tom Smrt or his relatives. With the recent activity I can only wonder if there are once again plans to reopen it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: ShirelandChuck06:32:11 04/30/04 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.