VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Monday, July 22, 01:18:amLogin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78 ]
Subject: Niftee 50ees

Author:
HRC
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, March 26, 09:23:am

Niftee 50ees
Classic Cruise News!
March 25, 2010

Special Edition

Fellow Street Rodders,

We are fast approaching Tech Fest 2010 and our attempt to provide our fellow rodders with one of the largest outdoor gatherings of Classic Street Rods, Hot Rods, Classic Cars and Race Cars to the Houston area!

After five months of planning, changes, updates and exhausting work with many hours and midnight oil, we welcome ALL classic cars to Tech Fest 2010.

The facility will come alive with the roar of engines, glistening chrome, fenderskirts, headers, fat tires, and excitement to bring rodders from near and far to assemble for this gathering.

We hope our efforts will bring you to join us for this planned event that will house approximately 1,000 cars. Not sure we can muster up that many but, the accomodations are there for you!

If we gather 500 to 600 then we will be just as proud of our street rodders for their efforts to bring such an event. The parking lot(s) await you.

We expect terrific weather conditions for our Spring Opener and we wanted to show our appreciation for the Classics in Texas!

Our special thanks to Carl Schulty and his staff for their support from Competition Sales of Houston, Pasadena and their extra work in putting the exhibitors together for us which will enhance our efforts to bring you fun and also update you with the latest products to the street rod world.

Wonderful people here!

Our thanks to ALL exhibitors and manufacturer reps who will be attending.

Our thanks also to Lone Star College-North Harris for giving us the huge parking facility with the help and planning of Allen Rice who has worked closely with us on the planned event.

We expect hundreds of spectators.

Also special thanks to "Skeeter" The Texas Car Doctor who will broadcast his weekly radio show live from our event on 700 AM KSEV Radio.

Most importantly our thanks to ALL the classic car owners and street rodders for your continued support to Niftee 50ees as we work to provide you with gatherings that reflect the classic age of street rodding the way we remember it best and all the nostalgiac fun that goes with it!

The "Golden Age" of Street Rodding with "Old School" is here!

We see this as a "Home Coming" for all of our friends, supporters, fellow street rodders and their family and guest both from yesterday and also for the future attendees of Niftee 50ees!

Arrivals - 8am to 10am

Exhibition - 10am to 3pm

Departures - 3pm to 5pm

SPECIAL NOTE
Please remember that Tech Fest is located at:

Lone Star College-North Harris
(formally North Houston Community College)
2700 W.W. Thorne Blvd.
(2 red lights south of FM1960 on Aldine Westfield Rd.
Houston, TX. 77073

With all said, we hope to see all the classic street rodders at this event to welcome Spring and a new year of street rod fun.

Most importantly, we hope you enjoy our exhibit we have provided for you

Please drive safely and we will see you at Tech Fest 2010.

HMP News
By:John Mandabach
This Saturday, March 27th, the best drivers in Texas and Louisiana will be back at it again in the NASCAR Whelen All American Series at Houston Motorsports Park. If you have missed the first two races, you won’t want to miss any more. With double file restarts, larger car counts and a more aggressive racing attitude, racing action is set on full tilt at HMP this year! Feature classes include:

Featuring:

NASCAR Fiesta Late Models – “Mike Crofford 50”

NASCAR Cricket Modifieds – “Cricket 40”

NASCAR 360 Trucks – “KM Services 40”

Plus: Pro Stocks, Ecostocks, Bandoleros and as a bonus…NASKARTS.

Houston Motorsports Park has the best Hard-Chargin', Fender Bangin', Paint Swappin', Wall Slammin', Race 'Em or Wreck Em', NASCAR racing in Texas! Plus walk on the race track, meet the drivers and get autographs during intermission!

Click here >> http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/Niftee50ees/SHOW%20FLYERS/?action=view¤t=MAR27SPEED10.jpg

Houston Astros Needs Help

By: Bill Goren

To anyone - If you own a 1965 convertible please respond if possible.

Niftee 50ees car club members,

As you know, we are weeks away from the start of the Astros 2010 season. As always we have many events and programs planned for this year. One such event is our celebration of the 1965 season on April 10th. During the pre-game ceremonies we will be featuring 5-6 classic cars.

My first thought in finding these cars was to reach out to our good friends at Niftee 50ees. You guys have always been great supporters of the team and we have always held you all in great regards.

We are looking for cars that fall in the following criteria.
Year: 1965
Seats: 4-seater
Top: Convertible

We will ask that you allow an Astros rep. drive the car around the warning track during our pre-game ceremony. Featured in the cars will be former Astros from the 1965 team.

Please contact us directly in you would like to have your car participate. We are limited on space, so please give us a call ASAP.
Richard Tapia
713-259-8303
Rtapia@astros.com

Bill Goren
Senior Director, Ticket Sales
Houston Astros
713-259-8329

Space City Cruisers News
By: Bob Wright

We have a new star in the Space City Cruisers, "Benjamin Miller". The today's Houston Chronicle featured the Miller Family's Classic Fords by Heidi Van Horne. Very impressive article by this gal, she does know her cars, and the article reflects that!!! As always make sure you click on the Album Pictures to enlarge (2 pages). Congratulations Ben & Family, send any comments to Ben at bmm08@yahoo.com .

Bob Wright (camaro kid)

Click here: 03-25-10 Bengamin Miller & Family Make Headline News With Their Classic Fords

Camaro Kid
1960 283/230hp Corvette Conv.
1967 RS-SS 350 Camaro Conv.
Click Here: This Is My Baby
Click Here: Bob Wright's Photo Albums
Click Here: Space City Cruisers Web Site
If you can read this, thank a Teacher
If you are reading this in English
THANK OUR MILITARY
IN GOD WE TRUST

Before we go..

We receive hundreds of emails and request weekly for information, request, and input.

A special request from a reader is included.

If you can assist then please contact the person below.

This would be for the Tomball - Rosehill area to Bush Airport.

Hi, my name is Tamitha Raines and my co-worker just spoke with you via phone regarding a ride for my wedding.

I am looking to see if anyone you know is interested in picking me up from my wedding venue, Lindsay Lakes 16536 Mueschke Rd, Cypyress TX, 77433 at 11:30pm and dropping us off at intercontinental airport at the Marriot.

So roughly about an hour to 1 1/2. I would need something other than a 2 seater. I would be willing to pay $100. Let me know if you know of anybody!

Thanks,
Tamitha Raines
713-819-3828
traines28@gmail.com

Happy Roddin!

Niftee 50ees

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.