VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Tuesday, July 23, 01:47:pmLogin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78 ]
Subject: Niftee 50ees

Author:
HRC
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, April 02, 04:56:am

Niftee 50ees
Classic Cruise News!
March 30, 2010

Happy Easter!

A quick reminder that the Niftee 50ees Classic Drive In is scheduled to open Saturday night, April 3, 2010 pending of course on weather conditions.

Show times are still the same from 6pm-10pm

If all goes well then the event will certainly be a great show and the long awaited opening will take place.

We've had several calls and emails regarding the opening night and when the shows would take place.

So, the 2010 season starts this weekend!

Those attending the Space City Cruisers Car Show on Saturday are welcome to attend our Saturday night opener if you are up to it after a long day.

CAMARO KID NEWS LETTER
Tuesday March 30, 2010
By: Bob Wright

It definitely was the right call on someone's part to pull the plug with a Rain Out for the American Pontiac Association Car Show in Galveston and moved it to the following weekend. The weather was absolutely picture prefect and the turn out of Classic Cars filled up pier 21. The Space City Cruisers rolled in with 12 cars in their caravan from League City. I anticipated a jam packed pier like last year, but I guess their was just to many other car shows in the workings on the same day as this show. The sailing ship Allisa, the tall ship of Texas was at the end of the pier when we arrived, but she left shortly after that. I have a few pictures of her leaving from the pier for a cruise out in and around Gulf. A couple of new kids on the block, like the Red 1959 Chevrolet, first time to show her!
Enjoy the pictures and see ya'll next weekend Sat. April 3rd.at Space City Cruisers Spring Car Show at Walter Hall Park in League City, Tx.
Click here: 03-27-10 APA Car Show On Pier 21 In Galveston by Camaro Kid

One of my Car Nut Guys sent me these brochures that are from scanned contributors collections from all over the country. These brochure are of the original factory advertisements. I think most of you folks will enjoy seeing a lot of these that will cause you to reminisce back into the past. Click here: Brochures For All American Cars

Click here: Car with Five Wheels Invention An old News Reel (50s) I think you will also enjoy, this one is new to me, I've never have seen this before. "WOW"

CAR SHOW ONLY ONE

April 3rd. Sat. Space City Cruisers Spring Extravaganza Car show, 4 X 4 Show & Shine,
Swap Meet & Car Corral, and Arts & Crafts. 35 Classes Reg. 8 till Noon $25 awards at 3PM
Click here: 04-03-10 Space City Cruisers Spring Car Show Flyer (This Is One Of My Favorites)
THE ULTIMATE PIT STOP SWAP MEET: Auto Parts, Automobiles, Antiques, Specialty Items.
Click here: The Ultimate Pit Stop Swap Meet OR Call 281-332-7886

CRUISE NIGHT
After you leave this show you will have plenty of time to make the Niftee 50ees Classic
Drive-In. First Opening Nite After A Long Winters Nap At Krogers in Spring Texas
Please say hello to Randy Shannon for me!!!

April 3rd. Sat. Niftee 50ees Classic Drive-In Opens After A Long Winters Nap At Krogers,
8745 Spring Cypress@Champion Forest Dr. Spring, Tx. Open To 1979 & Under Cars 6-10PM
Click here: 04-03-10 Niftee 50ees Drive-In At Krogers Opening Night
Click here: Niftee 50ees Classic Drive-In At Kroger's In Spring, Tx
Click here: ALL SHOW FLYERS by Niftee50ees

That's all I have folks, have a safe cruise wherever you decide to go, ya'll be good!!!!!
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE

Bob Wright (camaro kid)
Click here: spacecitycruisers.com
Click here: Space City Cruisers Calendar of Events Page

Margie Chavarria Executive Director of Ronald McDonald House in Galveston is making a request for some Classic Cars for their 100th Anniversary on April 28th in the letter below. Anyone interested in making a commitment to this celebration, PLEASE contact me so that I can get a head count to send to Margie. "Bob Wright camarokid1967@aol.com or 409-739-1637".

Bob Wright 1960 Corvette
Harold Augustus 1939 Ford Coupe

Mark Richards 1964 Mercury Comet

Thank you for your time folks!
Bob Wright

Letter From Margie Chavarria
On Wednesday, April 28, 2010 the Ronald McDonald House will celebrate with the Galveston landmark Murdoch's the anniversary of their 100 years in operation and our 21st birthday. We're getting ready for a "seaside soiree" event on the Seawall at Murdoch's (22nd - 23rd & Beach) with lots of good food and great music with a little of nostalgia thrown in. We're closing the Seawall for this event.

We need your help to make it happen! Since Hurricane Ike we have focused on repairing our "House that Love built" and making sure the families have a safe and comfortable environment to come to while their child undergoes treatment in an area facility. Our families come from all over the world to us and now we are asking for your help to keep our House strong.

We would like to know if it is at all possible for The Space City Cruisers to bring 8 to 10 cars to our event starting with the oldest cars to maybe 1940. We would like to have at least 2 cars that are 21 years old in honor of our birthday. We want all our children we serve to grow strong and healthy and to one day, love turning 21 too!

The event is from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. but we would like the cars to arrive by 5:30 p.m. in order to place them. The seawall will probably shut down around 4 p.m. and we are going to try and set up immediately. Their is no rain date. We are praying for good weather.

If you need any additional information please let me know and I will get back with you as soon as possible. Thank you for making this possible for all the children we serve.

Sincerely

Margie Chavarria
Executive Director
Ronald McDonald House of Galveston

News from HMP
By: John Mandabach
Mark your calendars now! Less than 3 weeks to Fiesta’s Hot Rod Happening!

Hot Rods & Pro Mods! Rod Run, Car Show and Drag Racing all in one family fun day. The Hot Rod Happening features many of the finest classic cars in Texas on display and showing their shine. In addition, sell or buy classic car parts and other items at the Swap Meet.

Plus witness the Outlaw Pro Mods with their wild superchargers, killer amounts of nitrous, 2500+ horsepower and long, smoky burn outs rip the drag strip apart at speeds up to 200 MPH in under 4 seconds!

As a SPECIAL BONUS…the Police Interceptor Jet Car will scream down the drag strip at lightning speed!

Also, Bumper Dragging, Wheelie Popping, Tire Smoking, Hard Charging, Side by Side, Heads Up Index Drag Racing.

$1 Hot Dogs, $1 Beer & $1 Soft Drinks!

Inflatable Jumpies/Slides for the Kids!

Fun and affordable entertainment for the whole family.

Spectator Gates open at 12pm. Racing starts 2pm.

$15 Adult General Admission

$10 Car Show Display and Rod Run Entry

- Car Show Entry includes a Free T-shirt and Dash Plaque

FREE Swap Meet Booth with Paid Adult General Admission and Parking

Children 12 & Under are FREE

Conroe Cruisers News

Hi Randy, Molly.

We are Mike and Sandy Stewart, and have been on your site and noticed you
do not have a Glass Co in your Vender pages.

We are located in Conroe TX and have cut (hot rod flat glass)
for years and now in the process of making patterns and cutting
glass for Roy here in Conroe.

He advised me to contact you and let you know about us.
We are a family owned and operated business. IWe also sell flatglass
on e-bay and have sent glass to all of the lower 48 states.
With my experance on ebay and local car buffs in Alvin TX
We have decided to offer customers a way to get only the glass thay need,
Instead of selling complete sets. We have had a lot of interest in only
one or two pieces of glass.

This brings me to this offer:

If anyone in your club needs glass(flat) here is the way to mesure it.
Width+2in X Height+2in /by 144 will give you the total sq feet. I will cut and polish exposed edges
for $15.00 a sq ft. One sq ft min.

This price is only for patterns I don't have.

As you can tell I want patterns.
So a wing vent less than one sq ft woulf be $15.00 cut and polished.
Here is the catch and I guess you were waiting for it!!

Customer traces the old glass on butcher paper
sends it to Hot rod flat glass 15396 Tree Monkey Rd. Conroe, TX Our phone number is 936-264-1196
I would appreciate if you would pass this to you club members.

We will see if we can make contact at
show night in Houston. I have references from other hot rodders if needed.

Or see seller hotrodflatglass on ebay

Thanks For your time
Mike and Sandy Stewart

Tech Fest 2010 (summary)

Tech Fest 2010 has come and gone with our Spring opener for the street rodders.

A lot was learned and improvements noted with our first attempt to host the show.

Many items have been addressed on the issues such as sound system management and other.

Your feedback for those that have contacted us will be looked at seriously for any attempts to do future shows at this facility.

We would like additional feedback from our car owners if you wish to pursue this venture in the future or move on.

I have been assured from the college that additional improvements will be added to better serve the street rodders if we can tell them of our needs and request.

Please respond to me directly with your thoughts and suggestions as they wish to make this an annual event.

Yes or No

Maybe or Doesn't matter.

We again thank all that attended this event in our efforts to give you room to expand.

As always, we appreciate our street rodders and work for better events to entertain you.

Randy Shannon

Niftee 50ees

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.