VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Saturday, September 19, 1:42:30Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4567 ]
Subject: Question that needs attention, or at least some answers.

Author:
Mrs. Putnam/Michigan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 01/27/05 11:47:56am

I am a bit perplexed. I have been reading much to-do about the Michigan USA pageant. Sam T'ang who is Michigan's official photographer, (along with many other states official photographer too) has also taken on a manager position with the present Miss Michigan USA. I also read that Mr. T'ang has been teaching Miss Michigan photography to better "title" her "career" ambitions (putting her cosmetolgy on hold for now)making it look better on her bio for nationals.
Mr. T'ang has been involved for years,with the USA pageantry system by photographing girls head shots for their state and national pageant. He has campaigned his pageant photo business very largely, including on message boards that his personal "director" friends run.
I have also read Mr. T'ang promoting Crystal Hayes (Miss Michigan) fund raisers to raise funds for travel and waredrobe, a terrible shame in the middle of such worldly disasters. I am suprised that MUO has not taken a front seat position and slammed Mr. T'ang for his unethical tactics.
In the middle of the Tsunami relief aide, along with many other tragic events, how on earth can Mr. T'ang justify promoting fund raisers for a "beauty contest"?
I have a BIG problem with the bad behavior with both Mr. T'ang and Miss Michigan.
Let the pageants in the world continue, but keep them at a realistic and respectable perspective. Lets keep all of our troops in Iraq and the Tsunami victims as first priority in our monetary donations. I would rather see money spent on the families of the dead and dying over-seas than imported sequins and frills to embellish Miss Michigans gown.
And last, where does a official photographer end his job as official photographer and begin as his subjects manager and promoter and teacher? How can he fairly take pictures of other states delegates while he is personaly involved with Michigans winner?
I would not want someone so biased and partial taking my picture for national.
Does this organization have no ethics? Do they have no rules or regulations? Do they have anyone in charge over there? Does anyone care? Can anyone do whatever they want?
Would really love some answers on this one. I have a copy of this letter (longer version) on its way to MUO. Maybe someone there can answer my questions, if anyone still works there.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Question that needs attention, or at least some answers.jazzy j. bones01/27/05 4:06:25pm

Let Sam have the job. No one else wants it.R. J.01/28/05 4:25:11am

Re: Question that needs attention, or at least some answers. (NT)He is weird!01/29/05 11:45:23am

I too, heard that Sam and Crystal were an item. Sick if you ask me. That is what USA is all about? Michigan USA is no longer a beauty contest, it is a SLEEZEFEST. (NT)Dr. Chang01/31/05 4:11:54pm

I personaly know a girl that Sam propositioned. She was having her pictures taken for a pageant. She declined him flat out..>>>>In the Know02/ 1/05 5:41:30am

Re: I hope you really send an MUO letter, most people don't. Alot of people the director does business with is shady. (NT)Crystal Ball02/ 7/05 5:04:03am

To Mrs. Putnam, please get your info correct before you make stupid and ignorant comments (click in)Defending Mich02/ 8/05 11:56:52am

My take on your Michigan problems:..................................Spy Cam02/ 8/05 3:35:59pm

Heard Sam has been teaching Crystal Hayes photography even before the Miss Michigan Pageant.Fly on the inside walls02/10/05 2:32:39am

Re: The state & prelim director were talking when Ms Schleef won. It was after all the state director's crap they were not. (NT)The state director was hugely intimidated by the prelim director, & her girls loyalty & more. That's from the Schleef family.02/10/05 9:22:16am

Re: Question that needs attention, or at least some answers.Harry Putruss (Interested in your comments)05/18/07 9:24:58am

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-12
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.