VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Tuesday, September 29, 23:13:07Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4567 ]
Subject: Re: Children and Beauty Pageants

Author:
Kirsten (Irritated)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 06/17/09 3:23:01pm
In reply to: By Kareen Nussbaum 's message, "Children and Beauty Pageants" on 12/ 6/04 5:04:19pm

"They had false aspirations. One participant named Thumper Gosney has aspirations of becoming a model when she grows up; the chances of Thumper landing a major modeling career are slim to none. According to the Better Business Bureau, not too many pageantry competitors land modeling careers when they mature."

I don't understand people that live life in such a negative tone. It is wonderful that children have aspirations and goals. Thumper is a wonderful and beautiful girl who is entering her sophomore year in college and doing awesome. Maybe you should consider actually meeting some of the girls instead of making judgments from a distance.

Also, I hope you do not consider yourself to have any credibility especially using sources like the BBB for research and using terms like "not too many." Anyone who owns a business knows that the BBB is a voluntary association that has membership fee.

I can't believe any "A" was given to a paper with such horrible grammar. If your going to take the time to post such a lengthy comment telling young girls to not have dreams and aspiration, at least check your punctuation. A comma and period ALWAYS go inside the quotation marks. Hopefully, you didn't have dreams of becoming an editor or journalist because according to my research, not the BBB, your chances are "slim to none."

"There is no chance for a mistake", as said by Annette Hill on her own pageant.

"the complete package".

too many grammatical errors to post

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-12
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.