VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Tuesday, June 18, 12:38:07Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]567 ]
Subject: The Power of Fitness

Author:
Bocca Babe
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 04/24/04 12:33:30pm

Make sure you get a qualified trainer. Remember you want a shaply body with nice long and lean muscles. You do not want the body of a body builder. This is a beauty contest not a strong lady contest. Do not bulk up. Long and graceful is the key here. Read below to get a good idea of what you need to do.

The swimsuit competition in a beauty pageant can, for some, be the most dreaded part of the competition. Part of this anxiety can steam from lack of confidence or from lack of preparation. This article will focus on fitness preparation for the swimsuit competition.

In my first pageant competition, I learned quickly the power of fitness. I thought that since I was thin, I would score fairly well in the swimsuit competition. I soon learned that thin does not mean fit. I decided to begin a fitness routine to prepare me for next year's pageant. It is important to note that I started this preparation one year in advance. A well-toned body is not created overnight! I began extensive fitness preparation six months before the competition. My personal routine now consists of a 45 minute water aerobics class five times a week. (You can replace this with land aerobics.) On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I also attend a water toning class. On Mondays, I exercise my upper body, and on Wednesdays, my lower body. On Fridays, I do 45 more minutes of cardio (elliptical trainer, bicycle, stairmaster or treadmill). Three times a week, I also work my abdominals by doing 3 sets of 35 crunches. This fitness routine may not work for you. It is important to find the routine that best suits you and your fitness needs. I recommend speaking with a professional to assess your physical needs. It is always important to speak with your doctor or health care professional before starting any kind of fitness routine.

In the beginning, you may decide to speak with a fitness coach and/or personal trainer. I researched several coaches and was coached by Miss Teen USA 1995 Keylee Sue Sanders. Keylee has a wonderful fitness tape. She demonstrates various exercises and levels so that you can get the maximum benefit you need. Keylee is now coaching with designer, Holly Hardwick and judge, Tiffany Munn. You can receive information on their services by calling 1-800-684-1107.

Another avenue for local training is to join a health club. I suggest joining a club that offers on-site personal trainers included in their membership. I personally enjoy training at Mademoiselle Fitness Centers. Mademoiselle is an all-female health club with equipment designed specifically for women. They have on-site personal trainers available everyday during regular business hours. The advantages to joining a health club are that if you are paying money monthly, it is likely that you will go, and it allows flexibility around your schedule. I strongly recommend your checking on the availability of a fitness center such as this near your home.

Lastly, remember that a good diet and drinking water also contribute to good health and fitness.

Taking steps toward fitness preparation may turn your swimsuit competition into a most-anticipated event.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-12
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.