VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Tuesday, June 18, 12:32:50Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]567 ]
Subject: continuation of letters to USA

Author:
n/a
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09/22/05 1:59:07pm

Article "C" is a copy of a letter that I mailed to the Miss Michigan USA office. I wanted to make contact and discuss my concerns, while attempting to resolve the situation. Retaining legal counsel was not my first choice of action, only a last resort. Unfortunately, communication is no longer an option.
1. I received a phone call two days after sending my
certified letter of concern to the Miss Michigan USA
office.
2. When I answered the telephone on a Friday evening,
there was no introduction, just "This is Brian".
A complete assumption that I was aware of who he was
and who he was representing. After moments of
confusion, he relayed to me it was "Mr. Pitchford,
from the Miss Michigan USA pageant." His approach was
completely unprofessional and informal. I was
insulted by his approach, not to mention, we have
never met.
3. He immediately proceeded to "tell me" how this
situation was going to come to a close, and instructed
me to disregard any legal paperwork that I may have
reviewed via Mrs. Reese. For the paperwork was
"irrelevant" in my situation. A term he used over and
over. It was a one sided conversation all from his
perspective. The phone call was purely interroga-
tional and he became quite demanding as to "what I
knew and how much" with Mrs. Reese. None of my own
questions were reciprocated with answers, just "That
question is irrelevant." He further stated that Miss
Universe would do nothing about this situation and
it was pointless to contact you.

4. The phone call did not last more than ten to fifteen
minutes, in fact it ended quite abruptly. Mr. Pitch-
ford treated me with little respect and as if I was
one of his suspects ( he conveyed he was a detective)
and became extremely belligerent. I ended the call by
telling him I was retaining and attorney and proceeded
to hang up on him.
5. My other point to this conversation, "Why was contact
being made by the state directors husband?" Melissa
Pitchford signs her name to all of the paperwork,
emails, etc. This is with whom we are familiar.
6. I truly wanted to reach an agreeable ending to this
situation, I wish I was not forced to hang up on Mr.
Pitchford. I have very high hopes for a satisfying
outcome for all. Unfortunately I feel I was left
with no other choice. I do not have to accept harsh
treatment or be badgered by anyone.

In closing, I feel it is necessary to mention that there are many problems with Proctor ProductionsLLC and Melissa Pitchford. In fact there are presently three other lawsuits, possibly four, aside from my own pending against them. Other attorneys have been retained to take action against Melissa Pitchford, for various other unrelated problems. However I am sure she has already notified you of some of these actions. I am aware that several others across Michigan have real issues and complaints toward the Pitchfords. I'm sure they will make their own voices heard.

On a side note, I honestly befieve that Melissa Pitchford spawned this atrocity against Mrs. Reese, by banning her from pageant productions statewide, because she felt threatened by Mrs. Reese's attempt to pursue a state directorship. Mrs. Reese has the financial status, support and affinity of several throughout the state, including many past titleholders, to pursue a directorship. Mrs. Reese also dissolved her prelimanary director rights, on her own free will to pursue a state directorship. This further infuriated Mrs. Pitchford. Finally, Mrs. Pitchford loss all sensibility against Mrs. Reese when Miss Michigan USA 2003, Elisa Schleef chose to pursue Mrs. Rees's advise and consulting services for the national Miss USA competition, rather than her own. There is nothing more to Mrs. Pitchfords claims and Mrs. Rees should be reinstated with your authority with spectator rights. This organization needs a hundred more volunteers like her.

I know many would like to see the Melissa Pitchford and Proctor Productions exit the state of Michigan and relinquish their directorship. Myself being one of them. Too many legal ramifications are in place and too many delegates have been treated poorly for there to be reconciliation. I know when honor is no longer brought to the Miss Univers Organization by a state directors actions, it is time for a replacement. Perhaps filling a state directors position is an infinite task, but then maybe not.
There are many qualified personnel in Michigan. I would like to see a Michigan resident appointed. My daughter will not compete again nor will I recommend Proctor Productions to other young women.

T hank you for you time and I look forward to hearing from you.
I truly wish contact could have been made under better circumstances.

Warmest Regards,

Roberta Pethers
Danelle Gay

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-12
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.