VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Tuesday, June 25, 7:50:39Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]567 ]
Subject: The first letter

Author:
na
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09/30/05 4:05:58pm

Roberta Pethers
---- Davison Rd.
Lapeer, MI 48446

Dear Proctor Productions:

This letter serves as notice to your organization of my first and only attempt to amicalbly resolve some very serious issues that myself, and my daughter, Danelle Gay, have rencently experienced with your organization. SHould reasonable solutions and swift compliance not be satisfied, I have full intentions of retaining legal counsel and pursuing legal action against your company to the furthest extent of the law. Furthermore, a copy of this letter has been sent to the proper personnel of the Miss Universe Organization.
I am aware that Mr. David L. Prem has been appointed as your attorney over the legal affairs that your company may encounter through the productions of Miss Michigan USA and Miss Michigan Teen USA. I am also very much aware of the ludicrous position you have taken to ban Lorri Reese in all aspects of the Miss Michigan USA productions. Aside from my own disgust and several others, at the ridiculous actions you have taken against her, your decision has directly affected myself and my daughter, Danelle Gay. We have been forced into the vortex of an unnecessary situation, spawned by your company. Likewise your acts has caused Mrs. Reese to retain the firm of Barrett and McNagny LLP for her legal representation.
Moreover, I have had the opportunity to review the legal correspondence passed on to Mrs. Reese's attorney and it has come to my attention that your attorney, David L. Prem stated on your behalf that in "no way shall Mrs. Reese sponsor any contestant competing in the Miss Michigan USA and Miss Michigan Teen USA pageants." In addition, your attorney has stated on record, that in the event Mrs. Reese has sponsored any contestant, a refund shall be in order. In light of this, I am demanding a full refund in it's entirety. Attached you will find an itemized list of the expenses that were incurred from Danelle's participation.
Along with the entry fee, I feel I am entitled to all of the expenses that were incurred as a result of Danelle's entry and participation in the MIss Michigan USA 2004 pageant. My entitlement is supported by several facts including, but not limited to, those mentioned below. Many additional factors come in to play from the entire weekend in Port Huron. Too numerous to mention all of them.

. The entry fee and paperwork deadline for the Miss
Michigan USA 2004 pageant were to be submitted by
August 15, 2003. At that time, John and Lorri Reese
were listed as sponsors on Danelle's required ad page
for the Miss Michigan USA program.
. The initial letter sent by your attorney, Mr. Prem,
dated August 19, 2003. At which point you were
already aware of Danelle's sponsors.
. The second letter of intent sent by Mr. Prem was
dated September 22, 2003. At which, you still had
not contacted myself or Danelle, in light of her
sponsorship.
. In between these two dates mentioned above, your
attorney spoke with Mrs. Reese's attorney a few times.
So contact was made regularly. Yet, you did not in
any way enlighten us as to our rights.
. Despite knowing your intentions, you failed to notify
myself or Danelle while she continued to prepare and
compete in the Miss Michigan USA pageant without
informing us or any other contestants as to which
sponsors were acceptable and which were not.
. Danelle purchased her evening gown, two weeks prior
to the state finals production. If she would have
been notified of your intent, this expense would not
have been incurred, nor would she have competed in
this year's program without having your cooperation
of the Reese's support.
. Misspellings were prominent on her ad page and in the
spelling of her own name on more than one occasion.
We did not pay for this.

On a side note, I am appaulled at your behavior and actions towards highly respected people like John and Lorri Reese. They have been faithful, extremely well respected icons of pageantry in the state of Michigan for many years. They have supported many state titleholders and delegates, with no strings attached. Your actions in my opinion are malicious and motivated out of jealousy because of the general publics' and delegates' affinity to them. Shame on you.
I expect a timely response and proposed solution from your organization. Should I not hear from you, the next contact will be from my attorney. This is my one and oly attempt to reslove this amicably. I feel confident in the legal outcome.

Sincerely,

Roberta Pethers

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
This was NOT the first or only year this pageant was pre-determined. Lets go back at least 3 years. This organization needs to be sued and ALL of us need to get REFUNDED for at least what we put into it. (NT)One more fool that got screwed by those thugs10/ 1/05 2:36:46am

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-12
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.