VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Tuesday, June 18, 22:42:55Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]567 ]
Subject: This I do know...

Author:
Former contestant
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10/ 3/05 5:37:08am

Let's use some common sense. I worked with Lorri and was involved in her pageants. She is a fantastic person.

How can you "fire" a volunteer? She ran her prelim pageant and when she decided to quit, she sent an email out to all of us she was working with saying that she didn't want to run the prelim under the state director anymore. It was a forward of the original email she sent the state director. So that is lie #1 the state people are telling.

To try and ban someone for coaching is the most "UNAmerican" thing you can do. That is such an extreme action. Almost kind of looney, seriously. This is AMERICA...girls can have whoever they choose as a coach. Lorri is a fantastic one...ladies.

If you ask her about her experience, again she proves to be a class act, she still says nothing bad. I guess that's why people take to her. She's honest with you as a contestant and doesn't try to suck money out of you like others the state director chooses to link herself too.

The state of Michigan is a mess. It's kind of like everyone around the state director & mayber herself started telling lies and it weaved in to a huge web of lies and now is one great big mess. There are so many untrustworthy people, Sam Tang, Shannon Clark and Rocco are just few. You are the company you choose to keep.

If you don't do anything, expect the same things to continue on. I don't know, write your local editor, for the public section, then send it to Miss Universe. They'll know you're serious. Enough things like that and they might do something. I say we all get a refund and get our money back. Those letters from the attorney say we can.

This is our state pageant, let's fight for it. Or we will all be aged out and nothing will be fair while we still have a chance.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Miss America Michigan Board of Dirctors fired one of the top V OLUNTEER directors in the state..Laura Hempton. Pageant systems are going to hell. It is a sad state! (NT)Former Michigan Fan10/ 6/05 3:47:15am

Re: This I do know...Current Contestant (Question...)10/ 5/06 3:17:56pm

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-12
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.