VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Tuesday, June 18, 12:41:24Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]7 ]
Subject: We wish Lynnette a happy and healthy future

Author:
Team Players
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 02/11/05 4:05:49pm

Lynnette Cole has earned numerous titles, including Miss Tennessee Teen World, Miss Tennessee Teen USA, Miss Teen All American, Miss Tennessee USA, and Miss USA. On Feb. 19, 2005, she will acquire the title of Mrs., when she weds Michael P. O'Nan, a Lexington, Ky., native. They will reside in Franklin, Tenn., where she runs a beauty boutique, La Rue Beauty, and is executive director of the Miss Southern Tennessee and Southern Tennessee Teen pageants.
Lynnette Cole: Beauty queen reigns on at La’ Rue Beauty

Read more about Lynnette...

By Hollie Shulick
Staff Writer

When Lynnette Cole was little, her sisters used to gang up and put makeup on her. In the process, they created something of a beauty monster. " I wanted to look like Whitney Houston, " she says, laughing.

It’s a good thing she didn’t follow in that vein. Today, Lynnette is the owner of La’ Rue Beauty, a shop for grown-up girls who still like to play with makeup. And as Miss Tennessee USA 2000 who went on to win Miss USA the same year, she has the pedigree to know what she’s talking about.

" I love being a woman. I just think it is so refreshing, " she says. " I think we are luckier than men. That’s just the one thing I’ve learned. "

And now that the temperature has definitely dropped, Lynnette has a few suggestions for keeping your skin in fighting form. " The good thing about winter, and this is why I love winter, is that we can put on what I call the ‘full face.’ " For her, that means the works: foundation, powder, eyes, lips and cheeks. " In the winter you can be more playful and fun, " she says. " You can create things with your eyes. You can try some bold colors and some cool colors that work on your eyes, whereas in the summer it’s more about the lips and cheeks. "

But above all, skin needs extra hydration in the dry months, so be sure to drink plenty of water.

As spring approaches (yes, it will be here eventually), Lynnette anticipates keeping makeup simple to go with that perfectly hydrated face. " The focus is going to be on the skin and making sure it looks radiant, " she says. " Cream blush. Definitely. "

Of course, every woman has one item she can’t leave the house without making sure it’s tucked safely in their bag. I’m a lip gloss girl myself, but what are Lynnette’s must-never-be-without items? " Definitely moisturizer, and my lip gloss and my blush. I have to have the blush. "

Lynnette carries hard-to-find beauty lines like Julie Hewitt out of Los Angeles, of which she is the exclusive retailer. " It’s not something you can pick up anywhere, " she says of the makeup she carries, all of which she uses herself. " These lines are very good. "

But look for more than makeup at La’ Rue. Lynnette wants to make it the ultimate estrogen store. Lingerie is a new entry, and pajamas are on their way. " Ultimately, this is a girly girl’s shop, " she says. " I want to bring in things that make women feel good, like lingerie and pajamas. And not just lingerie for those ‘special nights,’ because we want to look pretty all the time. We want to look pretty under our clothes. "

Men are also welcome, especially if they’re shopping for their girlfriends. Regular clients can leave a " wish list " with Lynnette, and she will then guide the men in their lives to the right choices.

Lynnette also does makeup application for any age, especially preteens who are just learning that less is more. " Makeup is made to bring out your best features. That’s what we like to do. "

And now that her shop is ticking right along, what’s next for Lynnette? A new house and a new husband, both of which should be hers next month. My bet? She’ll look great on the big day.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-12
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.