VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Tuesday, June 18, 12:41:38Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]7 ]
Subject: Pageant Winner Aims for the Greens

Author:
By Triveni Sheshadri
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 03/ 6/05 5:20:51am

March 6, 2005

Molly Lindhart, Miss San Marcos

SAN MARCOS For about seven years, Molly Lindhart has worked hard to excel in her sport.

"(Golf) is a game that takes years and years of practice to do well," said Lindhart, a senior at San Marcos High School.

The long hours on the driving range have paid off in other ways.

"I have learned to be patient, to focus and not let one mistake ruin the rest of my game," she said.

Inspired by her golfer dad, Lindhart began playing while she was in middle school. She has been part of her high school's golf team for four years and was named most valuable player for three.

Now Lindhart, 18, has bagged another title. She was chosen Miss San Marcos at a pageant Feb. 19.

"I am still in shock. It hasn't sunk in," she said.

When Lindhart entered the contest in January, she hoped to win. However, the goal soon faded into the background when she met her fellow contestants. The group spent time together volunteering in city events.

"We helped out at a workshop for young girls and we hung out at Old Town," said Lindhart. "Toward the end, it really didn't matter who got the crown."

Soft-spoken, Lindhart said the pageant was an exciting experience with its share of lighter moments.

"I was on stage with my hands full and my tiara fell off," she said. "I couldn't pick it up."

The contest was a confidence-builder.

"I had to get up and speak in front of a crowd of more than 200," Lindhart said.

The new Miss San Marcos wants to be an elementary teacher. She has lived in San Marcos since fifth grade, attending Alvin Dunn Elementary and San Marcos Middle School before high school.

In the fall, she plans to attend Saddleback College in Orange County and play on the golf team.

In her yearlong tenure as Miss San Marcos, Lindhart will be a part of the annual holiday parade, as well as events presented by the chamber of commerce and city.

Along with the Miss San Marcos title, Lindhart was also judged most photogenic. She shared the Miss Congeniality award with fellow contestant Olivia Jara-Ratajsczak.

Darlene Hinojosa won the award for best essay and Deborah Danover won the director's award for her hard work during pageant preparation. Jara-Ratajsczak and Juliana Rotta were chosen as princesses.

The island-themed event drew an audience of 250. Pride of Polynesia, a dance troupe, provided the entertainment. Judges were former title holders Christina Sproule, Sharanda Barbosa and Dannelle Corrigan.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-12
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.