VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Sunday, June 16, 14:37:47Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]7 ]
Subject: Daisi Pollard Miss Jamaica International

Author:
Staff writer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 03/ 7/05 12:26:51pm

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Daisi Pollard will compete as the first ever Miss Jamaica International in the Miss Asia Pacific International Pageant to be held in China, March 19.

Daisi Pollard
And in so doing, Jamaica will become the first Caribbean nation to be included in the competition, which includes the USA, Russia, the majority of the Asian continent and almost 509 other nations. The 36 year-old pageant is considered to be Southeast Asia's oldest and most respected.

Pollard's fight for the coveted crown is however not based solely on self-serving aspirations. Her motivation comes from an immense love and passion for Jamaica and "all of its beautiful people".

Christened Juel Daisi Pollard, she was born in New York City and raised between Jamaica and the US. She is of Jamaican and Israeli descent - quite a remarkable blend. Pollard has travelled the world, modelling in Miami, New York, Europe and South Africa. She has appeared in ads for the Gap and Old Navy and is also on her way to receiving her Master's in Business and E-Business.

In addition, she has a diverse educational background including theatrical, vocal and dance studies at the Julliard School and other performing arts schools in New York City.

With the recent achievement of being crowned Miss Jamaica International, Pollard has founded her own management company, Potential Management, with plans to set up performing arts camps in Jamaica "in order to help guide and influence more Caribbean youth to succeed in modelling, television and film".

"I am a true advocate of education, physical fitness and health. I have a passion for the Performing Arts and Literature. A great deal of my contributions go to exposing Jamaican culture in the mainstream media of film and television," says Pollard.
She got her first break in modelling at the age of 15.

But the young Pollard was such a tomboy that modelling had never crossed her mind. That was until her grandmother walked her into a New York agency and pushed her to actually give modelling a chance.
"It wasn't easy getting work and building my book, in the beginning, but I knew it would be worth it.

I never imagined that modelling would give me so many opportunities and take me so many places. I contribute my success to the fact that I look at modelling as a business and that perspective keeps me grounded," says Pollard.

Now you may recognise her from her appearances on networks like MTV, HBO, Playboy, E!, and the Fashion Network. And hopefully, before long, the first Jamaican queen of the Miss Asia Pacific International Pageant.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-12
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.