VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Tuesday, June 18, 12:44:01Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]7 ]
Subject: Conquering Cayman’s catwalk - Delisa Hernandez

Author:
Cayman Island Reporter
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 03/27/05 7:14:10am

Delisa Hernandez may be only 5’ 2 but she is bucking
the trend on the catwalk

According to some fashion gurus the height requirements for a major fashion model are not absolute, and that’s all Delisa Hernandez needs to know. So, even in an industry where the majority of showstoppers are 5 feet 10 inches and above, Delisa concentrates on her love for the stage and the camera, the successes she has had, and continues to buck modelling trends – standing at a mere 5 feet and 2 inches tall.

Well known in the modelling circles in the Cayman Islands she has been on stage since Primary School.

“I remember my first show was a fundraiser at George Hicks and ever since then people began asking me to do shows,” Delisa explained.
Describing herself as being very comfortable on stage, Delisa feels that her love for acting and her involvement in plays reinforces her ability to wow her audience.

“Once I get past those few nervous moments before I hit the stage for the first time in each show, I am fine. For me, modelling is all about communicating with, and having a relationship with my audience and with other models I am working with on stage,” Delisa explained.

And if the real test of a model’s success on the catwalk is the number of crowns she has managed to secure, Delisa is without a doubt a real success already on the Cayman circuit, at only 20 years old.

During the year 2002 to 2003 Delisa won most of her awards including “Ideal Miss” in the Our Little Miss Competition. In the Overseas Our Little Miss Competition, Delisa won the titles “World’s Living Doll” and “World’s prettiest hair.” During that period she also got the Miss Hawaiian Tropics and Miss Model of the Universe 2003 crown as well as the World’s Best Portfolio award.

With parents who are supportive of her modelling goals and, a younger sister who is also involved in modelling while attending High School in the United States, Delisa has her sights set on modelling in one of the world’s most important centres - New York.

“I have family in New York who are willing to help me pursue my modelling goals,” explained Delisa.

She is already a busy girl as she is currently completing the last semester of a Business Administration course at the University College of the Cayman Islands while holding down a full-time job at Reliable Industries on North Sound Road.

When Delisa puts on her modelling hat though and hits the stage she is usually seen in her five-inch high heels and she has strong ideas about what she likes to model.

“I like modelling casual wear and evening wear most of all and heels go very nicely with those,” Delisa explained.

“I am very interested in a variety of modelling assignments, including commercials, and I intend to work very hard to go as far as possible in the field.

“Sometimes I have to go on a diet and cut back on my carbohydrates to keep my weight where I want it. Also, about five hours before a show I don’t eat anything. I want the designers to be pleased with the fit of the clothes and eating just before may make me a bit bloated.”

Delisa who has also been one of the models in the popular Jet Around Cayman event said, “I like all aspects of the stage, I even want to do movies.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-12
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.