VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Friday, October 23, 2020 20:11:25 CSTLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:08:15 12/04/14 Thu
Author: Comicality
Subject: I'd like to think Billy is trying. But I can definitely see where you're coming from....
In reply to: SuperPacJam 's message, "Billy's learning. But..." on 06:16:30 12/04/14 Thu

Billy is definitely guilty of doing a lot of bad things and hurting a lot of feelings along the way. But I would never say that he got out of those situations 'guilt-free'. Karma has slapped Billy in the face many many times for some of his selfish mistakes, and he's paid a painful price for every one of them. But at least he's using that guilt and those silly mistakes to grow and strive to become a better person. He recognizes the wrong that he's done, and while that doesn't erase any of his past evil doings, it's at least an attempt to redeem himself by making things right. With Sam, and Jimmy, and his mom, and Brandon, and his father, etc. He's learning still, but even Lee and Bobby know Billy won't turn them away if they really need help. Billy wants to finally stop hurting himself and others and get back on the right track again.

AJ, on the other hand, has always been rather unapologetic about the things he's done and the people he's hurt in the process. His motto is "Screw right and wrong, this feels good, and I want it, so...they'll just have to deal with it. Not my problem." AJ even enjoys that kind of deliberate selfishness, even when he KNOWS the kind of damage he's done to the boys around him. He takes pride in bragging about it. Even throughout Book 6, Billy tried really hard not to care about other people's feelings...but his heart just wasn't built that way. Deep down, he wants to be a good person. He's just got to stop jumping into spontaneous situations without thinking about the harsh, long term, consequences his few moments of pleasure are going to cost him and those he loves further down the line.

Bobby? Billy is most certainly a major part of Bobby's fear of getting hurt again. Billy is directly responsible for Bobby wanting to guard his heart and keep it safe. However, Bobby's paranoia doesn't give him a license to control and put an invisible dog collar on his new boyfriend. Bobby has a very controlling personality, and always has. Even before he and Ian became an item, he was trying to keep Ian from talking to this person or that person, turning over lunch trays in Billy's lap just for sitting at the same table. Or using their secret affair as leverage to keep Billy in his life, even after Billy had already told him that he has a boyfriend that he loves dearly and wanted to stop fooling around behind his back. Bobby is always trying to 'fix the fight' ahead of time so everything will come out in his favor. But that can eventually turn out to be just as selfish and greedy as anything that Billy's done if Bobby doesn't learn to curb those impulses and develop some trust of his own.

Anyway, I get what you guys are saying though. And Billy's still got a long way to go before he can say he's worthy of starting all over from scratch with the people he's hurt. But I definitely like the idea of Billy maturing, putting an end to all of his hurtful activities, and making ammends with the people he cares about for what he's done in the past. Hopefully, now that he's giving 'change' a genuine and sincere effort, forgiveness is possible in the long run. That's up to you guys. :)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.