VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Monday, August 10, 2020 1:14:29 CSTLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:52:44 12/04/14 Thu
Author: SuperPacJam
Subject: 100% Agree
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "I'd like to think Billy is trying. But I can definitely see where you're coming from...." on 21:08:15 12/04/14 Thu

You know, I'm not sure how to say this but I'm really bad at reviewing/typing out my thoughts and organizing them but I'll try to get everything out...

FIRST! I have to say, I'm in no way bashing Billy nor the process of how you're writing him or anything like that. I love this story and I love going through these situations with Billy as I can't really see this even being a thing if these things weren't happening. I love the direction, storyline and process he's going through while at the same time, feeling a way about the things he's doing and how they affect the story.

Anyways...

I get that Billy recognizes his wrongs and wants to do right by them. That he's extremely sorry for what he does to hurt people and seems to be a bit too 'in the moment' to really rationally think things through. Not to mention he has all the teenage hormones, family problems and his own emotions in dealing with anything that comes his way. The only problem I have with his defense is that... well, I guess it's from being on the other side of the table. Billy/Brandon/Bobby is almost exactly what I went through with my first boyfriend and best friend of about 5 years +. I remember when you wrote that part, it really hurt. I didn't go as extreme as Brandon did and kept a happy face, but every night I cried and was so hurt that I didn't know how to handle myself. The other guy was his best friend who I didn't even know was gay and I had to end it. Please don't pity party that since that was YEARS ago and I'm totally over it, but my point is... I put every ounce of trust into him as he was the only person ever there for me (much like Jimmy and Billy) and even when he wanted me back once things settled down... I couldn't do it. I wanted to, but I couldn't. As I said before, an apology is that. It doesn't fix things. I forgive him, but I don't think I could ever trust him. There's the Billy/Sam thing as well but I'm glad Sam was able to forgive, understand and forget.

AJ is tough for me to explain. I'm not trying to defend him or anything, but I have a 'friend' who reminds me exactly of him. He's extremely popular for no reason, has boyfriends, hookups and all types of sexual encounters where he draws people in, lead them on, and has barely any memory of who they are. I'm not saying this is a good trait, but he seems to know himself pretty well and how to work his own tune. It's not to say he's a good person, but he's aware and he knows what he's doing. But then again, I've always been the type to accept people for who they are and how they treat me rather than what they do in their own lives. The only reason I compare them rather than contrast is because they're both hurting people. No matter if one feels bad for doing it or not, it really doesn't change anything. I do feel for Billy and hope him the best with all these relationships, but honestly if I were his friend and he were to talk to me the way he talks to his book... I'm not sure if I'd be able to listen to him without giving some sort of side eye.

BOBBY IS ODD! I can't figure him out but I don't feel he has the right to do what he's doing with Ian. The only thing I can say to that is Billy should have known what he did to Bobby had to do something with the way he was acting.

I like Billy's growth though and I hope nothing I say seems like I'm attacking him or anything. It's only commentary to what I was reading really. xD I <3 Billy and never will stop, but like myself, he deserves a smacking in every once in awhile.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Insight from the Master -- brandonrobby, 12:23:42 12/06/14 Sat

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.