VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Friday, February 28, 2020 3:33:18 CSTLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:43:39 12/15/14 Mon
Author: Akoplay
Subject: Wa-ouh! What an intense chapter!
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "(S) "Billy Chase 384" ((DOUBLE SIZED CHAPTER!!!))" on 12:42:30 12/10/14 Wed

First with Dizzy. I also first thought you were doing mistakes with the pronouns. Then, when I saw that Billy aknowledged the mistakes, I smiled. It was interesting to see Billy relapsing in his misgendering of Dizzy. Particularly because of the reasons that made him do those mistakes: Gender stereotypes. That's really something that I'm very interested in. What's funny, is that if you think about it, homophobia most often stems from gender stereotyping. After all, isn't the belief that men should love women and women love men, a gender stereotype? But still, even gay people have gender stereotypes and prejudices. Let's not even speak about biphobia, transphobia, or even the scorn against those labelled as "sissies" or "butches", all of this among the gay community. Anyway, I'm getting out of track, that's really not what Billy's getting at. Another thing that's interesting, is how prejudice can show through innocent actions. Prejudice isn't only about prejudiced people. I like Dizzy, and I'm really curious about what you will do with him.

Then, there's the thing with AJ. Like I thought, he didn't change. Billy was really forgiving, by giving him the benefit of the doubt, though. He even really tried everything to reason with AJ, with sincerity. Thumbs up to him! At least, a really did try. Of course it didn't work, even if I'm wondering if he didn't get to AJ, at the end.

The fact that Billy wants to feel guilty about everything he did, shows that he's really a good person. I really liked that. I don't think that I can elaborate on this matter, but I think it was one of the most intense moments of Billy Chase's story.

Thank you very much for your work, Comicality!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.