VoyForums

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 2:13:49 CSTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:36:27 06/27/16 Mon
Author: Comicality
Subject: (Part One)
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "(S) "Miles To Go" (Chapter 2)" on 21:32:28 06/27/16 Mon

Huff...huff...huff...

According to my watch, I had only been running for about six and a half minutes before my legs began to feel weak and my heavy breathing was making me more dizzy than fueling my muscles to keep going.

I hadn't gotten as far as I had hoped with my first sprint. I could still faintly see the shadow of Valley Oaks behind me, a few lit windows shining hazy beams of light out into the fog. I think I was far enough down the road where no one could look out the area and see my escape, but I made sure to keep my eyes open for any traffic headed in either direction. The last thing I needed was some dang goofy teacher driving by and catching me on the side of the road.

Before leaving, I had polished up my sneakers really good! And I even brought plastic bags to wrap around my feet once I got out of sight so I could keep them from getting all dusty and jacked up from running. I certainly had a lot of 'bag' left over when I was done. Maybe I've just got tiny feet? Whatever. It works for now. I also made sure to bring my toothbrush and enough bottled water to brush, rinse, drink, and re-clean my shoes if necessary. I also brought two different flavors of chewing gum just in case some girls want to start kissing. I've got spearmint and wintergreen. Is there a difference between the two? I'm not really sure. One was in a blue package and the other was in a green package, so...I don't know...there's got to be something going on there.

OH! And I've got to remember to spit the gum out before I make out with anybody. I know that much at least. Even if I don't know much more. I remember that blasted Maddie Styles chick from across the street kissing me all the time! That girl had her lips all over me every chance she got! But that was no fair. She was eleven and I was only eight and a half. Come to think of it...I think that actually counts as her molesting me! Every boy in my neighborhood ended up getting 'mouth molested' by some girl at one time or another. Taking advantage of us and pressuring our unsuspecting minds into agreeing to such a traumatic moment of total confusion.

Where did all those pretty girls GO? When we boys all thought that girls were 'icky and dumb', all they wanted to DO was snatch us around a corner and plant one on us! Now they've all vanished and treat us like we're infected with the plague. I sure hope these strange creatures get easier to figure out when I get older.

I got two extra shirts in my backpack...my favorite and my second favorite. I'll change into my favorite first, of course. BUT...just in case I spill something on it, I'll have a spare. I won't have to walk around looking like a dork all night with a big stain on my shirt. I got a stick of deodorant, and extra pair of undies, and my good hair brush. I am SO ready for this! Nothing can go wrong. I'm super prepared for every possible incident. The only obstacle I've got to get around is running the rest of the way there. And this old road is getting darker and darker the further I follow it. Geez! I can barely see where my feet are landing.

My fast walking wasn't going to get me there fast enough. I wasn't even a third of the way there yet, and I already left a lot later than the other guys so the party might already be in full swing. Awww, I don't want to miss anything cool! Ok, let me just walk for a few more steps, catch my breath, and then get back to running again. What time is it? YIKES! Ok...picking back up to a jog now. Now a bit faster. Oh man...I'm going to be so sore tomorrow. Can't stop now. Go. GO!

Huff...huff...huff...

Another three minutes go by. My legs are exhausted. My arms are fatigued. My chest hurts from the heaving, and I make a few clumsy missteps before falling down to my hands and knees, my body forcing me to cease the torture that I had been putting it through over the last half hour or so. My elbows bend as my arms are almost too weak to hold me up.

Huff....huff...

I feel like I can't take another step.

Huff....huff....huff...huff...

I drop my backpack from my shoulder and take a few sips of water. Not too much. I don't want to cramp up. Just enough to keep my throat from drying out completely.

Huff...huff...

Ok. Alright. Just...let me take a second. I must be almost halfway there by now, right? I'm sweating. My hair is wet. Ugh! I didn't think about my hair being wet! It's ok, though. I'll take my shirt off, dry my hair with it, and it'll be fine. It might even look cool, you know? Well...it might.

Mmmm...still cold. God, that tastes good. Ok. Get up, Preston. Got to keep moving. We can, like...post up against a wall or something when I get there. I just need to keep running. Yeah...just...just keep running.

My legs were beginning to tingle when I heard a sound approaching in the distance. Breathlessly, I turned my head to look back over my shoulder, noticing a few flickering lights approaching from down the road. They were coming pretty FAST! And by the time I recognized the flickering display in the fog as a horde of police car lights, it was almost too late for me to rush off to the nearest hiding spot.

Oh geez! Oh geez, oh geez, oh GEEZ!!! It's the POLICE! Did the Valley Oaks headmaster call the frickin' POLICE on me??? Oh gosh...there's like FIFTEEN police cars headed my way right now! What do I do? What the....ahhhhhhhhh, what do I DO???

My body was weary, but my sudden panic gave me a temporary boost as I got back up on my feet and grabbed my backpack to get as far off the road as my severely limited window of time would allow. There was an old, half dead, tree standing not far from me, and I dashed towards it as fast as my, almost numb, legs could carry me. I got around to the other side and pressed my back to it, shutting my eyes tight as thought it would somehow help to make me more invisible as the cops rolled by.

What the heck am I going to DO??? Are they really looking for me? Or, like...for everybody from school? Are they going to bust up the party? What if I show up and they think I snitched on 'em on something? I'll never be invited to another party again! Not any of the GOOD ones, anyway!

One car! Two cars! Three...and four...and five...

They were all in a line, speeding past my lame hiding tree. Lights flashing...but no sirens. Odd. Oh no! What if one of them sees me? What if they threaten to take me back to Valley Oaks? What if I try to run and they, like...SHOOT me or something? I can't get SHOT! How the heck do I explain getting SHOT to my mom? Awww man, she'll NEVER let me go to a public high school if I get SHOT!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• (Part Two) -- Comicality, 21:40:27 06/27/16 Mon
  • > -- Mike84, 21:27:00 06/29/16 Wed
  • Awesome job on a new series com!!! (NT) -- Scott, 21:15:42 07/02/16 Sat
  • Loved it -- Mick, 08:32:08 07/08/16 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.