VoyForums

Friday, June 23, 2017 3:51:29 CSTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:44:36 10/10/16 Mon
Author: Comicality
Subject: AShack Holiday Remembered....

As many of you may know, and some may not, today and tomorrow are considered official Shack holidays. Every year, October 10th and 11th serve as a reminder to us all that there are people out there who desperately need whatever small amount of light that we have to share with one another. To make us remember that it costs us nothing to give someone a compliment, a hug, a smooch on the cheek. We get used to our situations in life and we tell ourselves that it isn't necessary. That people know how we feel about them and that's good enough.

I'm here to tell you...it isn't good enough.

Some people need to hear it. Need to see it. Need to feel it. I know what it's like to feel unloved, or abandoned, or alone. I know what it's like to want to scream but feel like half the people in your life won't hear you, and the other half won't care. Sometimes, sharing just a little bit of your good fortune with someone else can make all the difference to someone in trouble. Just a smile. A phone call. A message to say, "I'm thinking about you". You'd be surprised what an impact that lone gesture can have when you make the slightest bit of effort. And what kind of negative impact it can have if you don't.

Today marks the 15th anniversary of a very close friend of mine that I lost to suicide. The last hug he ever gave me was just hours before he did it...and sometimes it's like I can still feel his arms wrapped around me, as if to say goodbye.

I didn't get the chance to tell him how much he meant to me. And now, I never will. That kid was 17 years old...and a few friendly gestures could have saved his life. Don't read this post and ignore it to go back to YouTube or your game of 'Call Of Duty' or marathon watch something on TV. If you think this can't happen to the people you care about in your life...it can. Don't take that chance.

Spread some love today, you guys. K? And I'll be doing the same.

To my one fallen angel...I miss you. There was a time when all I could do was mourn your passing, but now I'd rather celebrate the love of a good friend, and make sure that other people get a chance to bask in the sunshine for a while the way I did when you were here. Thanks for what you taught me, and I hope I make you proud.

As a tribute, I'll be publishing the story, "Final Hour", as an ebook tonight at midnight. So it should pop up in the ebook section some time tomorrow afternoon. K? It is dedicated to his memory, and to the hope that his passing won't have been in vain.

Life is short. Make the best of it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.