VoyForums

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 7:31:30 CSTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:56:59 11/20/16 Sun
Author: Cirrus
Subject: I've been waiting for this chapter for a while.
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "(Part Two)" on 09:18:53 11/19/16 Sat

I think most of the readers of this story are in Brody's position - they haven't experienced that kind of sustained abuse (at least I hope they haven't), and they genuinely wonder "Why don't you tell someone? Why don't you leave? Why do you put up with it?".

This chapter finally addresses that question - and there isn't some specific, tangible reason. Zack has just been so mentally beaten down by the situation that he feels like "this is the way things are" and nothing he can do will change that. That if his father beats him, it's because he did something to deserve it, and if he can just avoid doing any of those things, it won't happen.

You can see the start of the mindset starting to change in this chapter, and I look forward to seeing how that develops over the next chapters.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Brilliant as always Comsie :) (NT) -- Welshdude, 13:10:54 11/20/16 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.